what is the meaning of procrastination?

define procrastination

12 Answers

Relevance
  • apple
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

in my words its to prolong something.. like today is tuesday and your teacher tell you, you have a 3 page paper due on friday. u have no other homework to due between those days. instead of starting the paper tuesday night.. u wait until thursday night knowing that your paper is due first thing in the morning.. thats called procrastination.. to procrastinate or to prolong something. HOPE THIS HELPS

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Meaning Of Procrastinate

• 1 decade ago

to keep delaying something that must be done, often because it is unpleasant or boring

I know I've got to deal with the problem at some point - I'm just procrastinating.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=631...

Procrastination refers to the deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behavior as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting and/or completing any task or decision. [1] There are three criteria: for a behavior to be classified as procrastination, it must be counterproductive, needless, and delaying.[2]

Procrastination may result in stress, a sense of guilt and crisis, severe loss of personal productivity, as well as disapproval by others for not meeting responsibilities or commitments. These feelings combined may promote further procrastination. While it is regarded as normal for people to procrastinate to some degree, it becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning. Chronic procrastination may be a sign of underlying psychological disorder.

more...........

http://www.answers.com/topic/procrastination-1

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the meaning of procrastination?

define procrastination

Source(s): meaning procrastination: https://biturl.im/zHeXt
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

procrastinate /prə ʊ  kræs.tɪ.neɪt/ /proʊ-/ verb [ I ] Meaning- to keep delaying something that must be done, often because it is unpleasant or boring For example, "I know I've got to deal with the problem at some point - I'm just procrastinating."

• 1 decade ago

it means to put off something until the very last minute. common example of procrastination is putting off hw, chores,

• 1 decade ago

I was going to procrastinate today, but i'm going to wait until tomorrow...

• 1 decade ago

it means to put something off, like not feeding the dog to take a nap

• 6 years ago

ill tell you later

• 5 years ago

ask me tommorow

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.