magic jack call to other countries?

I read all of the "search for questions" about the magic jack. Alot of them say that you can call to anywhere in the U.S. or Canada for free. But one lady posted that she can also use it to call France. Would it work for me to call Ireland from the U.S.?

Is that $9.99 an optional feature that you can add when you set up the magic-jack, does the set-up prompt you to choose, or how does that work?

• joe r
    Favorite Answer

these are the international rates for magic jack http://www.ymaxcorp.com/clec_rates.html

ymax is the parent company of magic jack...

you need to prepay for international minutes...

US to ireland would cost...

IRELAND FIXED 353 $0.0220

IRELAND FIXED (OTHER A - VOIP SERVICES) 35376 $0.0540

IRELAND MOBILE A (O2) 35386 $0.2500

IRELAND MOBILE A (Vodaphone) 35387 $0.2500

IRELAND MOBILE B (H3G) 35383 $0.4000

IRELAND MOBILE B (Tesco) 35389 $0.4000

IRELAND MOBILE B (Vodaphone Roaming) 35382 $0.4000

IRELAND MOBILE C (Meteor) 35385 $0.2700

IRELAND FIXED (OTHER B - PNS) 353700 $0.1800

IRELAND FIXED (OTHER B - UNIVERSAL ACCESS) 353818 $0.1800

http://www.magicjack.com/international/ is the correct link for international calling rates. you can buy international minutes buy going to http://my.magicjack.com/login.html or bottom left corner of your magicJack softphone, where it reads "Click Here To Order"

from what i've seen it was all international minutes, no unlimited $9.99 a month, but i could be wrong.

Neat you can use magicjack to call internationally with your cell phone!

by logging into your account at my.magicjack.com using the email address and password that you used when you registered your magicJack.

Once logged in, click on the button named "Register Phone Number" under "International Dialing". Enter the phone number you will be making International calls from and click "Click to Save Numbers".

You will receive an email with with an access code and can start making International calls from the phone number you registered.

Please remember that you can only register one additional number per magicJack.

Note: In order to make International calls you need to purchase International Prepaid Minutes.

my brother got a magicjack a week or so ago from thesource.ca (previously known as Radioshack Canada) i was quite impressed with the call quality, VoIP sure has come a long way. One complaint he had was with the setup for win7 64-bit, took a bit, but once he figured out how to set it up seems to work great, he even gets a 604 local PSTN, which costs him an extra ten bucks a year, but still way cheaper than the traditional Telcos, and way more features. i wanted to get one too, to replace my shaw phone, but the product is no longer distributed by The Source. has something to do with The Source being owned by Bell, and it being a conflict of interest.

i am using majicjac about two years and i like it so much that upgraded for five years.

though i do not have any cable or Satellite tv thing so i need to have at&t basic phone line service to keep the internet dsl service for only paying $10/month, which i already have for years,it cost me $24/- the most/ month. i have my unlimited use of internet and my majicjack.since i have a very Limited income so i have to budget and use the money wisely.the way i have is all fix monthly payment for phone & internet every month 24+10 = $34/month.that makes me the freedom to call all over USA and Canada free any time as much time as many time day & night i can call, and also have so many calling features that land line can charge you extra for each and every feature /month.

to save my electric bill i need to turn off the pc most of the time when long time i am not using the pc.so any one who calls all the messages are there and when i want i can return their calls on my time.

instead of paying $9.99/month extra,i bought prepaid calling credit $10 or $20 for calling uk.most of the places it cost o.02cents/ mints.and they always tell you how many mints you have before getting connected to the call.

i thing in this way i am very well aware of my money how much i am spending on phones.when i am on internet i can receive calls on my phone just like land line.as time passes the are improving the sound quality and customer service very prompt.

i love this service and recommend every one who have limited minits on their cell phone and have cable service they must have a majicjack for their phone line usage.

good luck

Source(s): my own experience.

I love magicjack but like any of my countrymen we are under the weight of a greedy regime and greedy telephone companies in Haiti that are charging over 50 cents in certain places in the country per minute while next door in the Dominican Republic it is only 2 cents.

Gadé'ou péyi oléo,

gadé'ou péyi m'fè sa'm pito!!!

Generally you need a calling card to call other countries, unless you have international calling which I don't think MagicJack would have such a feature.

Magicjack.com Login

You can literally call anywhere with magic jack for just $9.99 a month

• ?

You can call all over the world with magic jack. you can check the rates on their site.

http://www.magicjack.com/8/index.asp