Advice on a Girl....... Come on girls you know you want to look.?

Ok so there's this, girl, we've known each other since toddler sort of age and are very good friends. We went out when we were 9-11, silly little thing but then we went out 13-14. bit more serious but still not proper. When i was 16 i confessed my love for over msn (....I know.....) and she said no she doesn't feel the same

We get on really well, lately she's been flirting a lot with me and being quite suggestive. So its her birthday coming up and I had an idea. I get her flowers at her party with a card saying 'Stage 1' on it then on her actual birthday send her a necklace with a card saying 'Stage 2' then tell her to be somewhere at a certain time, in a dress wearing that necklace (me in my suit)... we walk to a posh restaurant and have a nice 3 course meal together.... go for a walk, and i go for it again and tell her how i feel. I figure if its not going to work after that, it never will. But if it doesn't it will still be a nice present for her

She is the one i know it, I'm just not sure if its too much or if she wont like it. Good/Bad idea?

Favorite Answer

That's so sweet! But I think it would be wasted on this girl. There is a girl out there just waiting for you to come along and sweep her off her feet, just not this one! She's flirting with you because she can and she's just using you to stroke her ego.

I think a well-thought-out, romantic gesture is something that almost any girl would love. It shows that a boy is really, truly interested. I'm a bit of a traditional romantic, so I think your plan sounds fabulous. Just make sure that the plan is tailored to her tastes. If she's romantic, go for it! If she's less girly and more rock and roll, skip the dinner and buy a couple of tickets to a concert she'll like. If she's not as musically-inclined and more stay-at-home-and-relax, offer to make dinner at her/your place and supply a movie or two.

Chances are, if you've known her this long, you'll have a good idea for what she'll like or not. I would suggest that if she's even the least bit romantic, go with your original plan. It's very sweet.

Just a word of caution before you make reservations at a restaurant (or buy tickets, or whatever): make sure she doesn't already have plans that night. Nothing would ruin such a nice surprise like an obligation to attend a family birthday dinner with crazy uncle Fred, you know.

Best of luck to you! If she happens to not feel the same way about you still, then it's time to forget her. Many more fish in the sea, my friend, and plenty of them would appreciate this kind of gesture from a nice guy like you. In the end, you guys can always just stay friends.

Source(s): 23 years of being female + 2 years of best-friend-dating
  • Julie

OK if you're shy and you want to make a move, I think you should just look her in the eyes and smile. Shy guys usually can't just say " I really like you" so this way is better. Girls love guys who are sweet and caring. Get to know her better and make her laugh. All a girl really wants is a guy she can cuddle and just have fun with! -Ox

You have to take things real slow. If she wants to continue, seeing you, it will take time so that she can have the same feelings for you. Its a really good idea. Id say the best idea ive heard of, i dont see why she wouldnt like it. Good luck to yall. Just take it slow, be honest and truthful show her that you guys are meant to be. And your the one for her. :)

Act on your instincts... this girl is the one that you want and your idea sounds like a great one to see if she's as interested in you as you are in her. I think your well in Control of this one my friend!!! don't be afraid to tell her what you feel and where you want to go with this.

Aww thats really sweet. It is a good idea, and if shes the one then it will all fall into place. If it doesn't and she still doesnt feel the same, its not :)

Source(s): Me.

That is soooo sweet! I think its definitely a good idea. Very romantic

Awww, that's cute / sweet. It's a good idea (:

Good idea.

Awwww....omg that is ssooooo sweet....but if she doesnt like u like u like her...dnt waste that on her...shes not worth it...