Why do housewives/homemakers always include cleaning the house in their list of duties?

I noticed it in some of the answers to a recent question, and I see it every time a question like this comes along. Seriously, how do they think that the homes of working people get cleaned? Sure, a few can hire maids and gardeners, but the average working Joe (or Jane) has to clean the house, shop for groceries,... show more I noticed it in some of the answers to a recent question, and I see it every time a question like this comes along. Seriously, how do they think that the homes of working people get cleaned? Sure, a few can hire maids and gardeners, but the average working Joe (or Jane) has to clean the house, shop for groceries, pay the bills, and so forth. Do they really need kudos for that? Do they really need to stay home full time just to run the vacuum?

I will give them childcare and homeschooling to some extent, but working mothers have to do those things too, or at least make those arrangements for their children to be where they need to be. My mom homeschooled my sister while working full-time. And working moms have to take time off to take the kids to the doctor.

And SINGLE working moms have it the toughest. At least if there is a father at home, it is assumed he does some of the household duties if his wife works. But single working mothers have to do it all, all by themselves. They do everything a SAHM does, but with 40 hours less a week to do it in.

So anyway, I'm curious to know why you SAHMs always include basic adult duties (housekeeping, billpaying, yardwork) in your list of reasons of why you need to stay at home.

Note: I have no problem with SAHMs. I just get irritated with them sometimes when they act like they're the only ones who have a house to clean and bills to pay.

The question whose answers set me off:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApyfKnyn9gRWguNtbGuKG4rSDH1G;_ylv=3?qid=20100107173019AAFtN3x