Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Would you consider a person who says, “…the alleged 6 million Jews who died in the holocaust…” an anti-Semite?

You know, this person is not taking it for granted that 6 million Jews died in the holocaust. This person is treating it as an allegation made by Jews, an allegation that is yet to be conclusively proved. This person is not ruling it out but nor is this person just assuming it’s true because Jews say that it’s true. Would you consider this hypothetical person an anti-Semite for having this opinion?

• kismet
    Best Answer

ABSOLUTELY YES!!

Holocaust denial IS an antisemitic pastime!

The Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity, for example, defines Holocaust denial as "a new form of anti-Semitism, but one that hinges on age-old motifs", the Anti-Defamation League has stated that "Holocaust denial is a contemporary form of the classic anti-Semitic doctrine of the evil, manipulative and threatening world Jewish conspiracy" and French historian Valérie Igounet has written that "Holocaust denial is a convenient polemical substitute for anti-semitism." In 2005, the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia (now the European Fundamental Rights Agency) published a "working definition" of antisemitism which gave as an example of the way that antisemitism might manifest itself, "denying the fact, scope, mechanisms (e.g. gas chambers) or intentionality of the genocide of the Jewish people at the hands of National Socialist Germany and its supporters and accomplices during World War II (the Holocaust)"

According to Walter Reich, psychiatrist and then senior scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, one-time director of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, and now professor of international affairs at George Washington University:

The primary motivation for most deniers is anti-Semitism, and for them the Holocaust is an infuriatingly inconvenient fact of history. After all, the Holocaust has generally been recognized as one of the most terrible crimes that ever took place, and surely the very emblem of evil in the modern age. If that crime was a direct result of anti-Semitism taken to its logical end, then anti-Semitism itself, even when expressed in private conversation, is inevitably discredited among most people. What better way to rehabilitate anti-Semitism, make anti-Semitic arguments seem once again respectable in civilized discourse and even make it acceptable for governments to pursue anti-Semitic policies than by convincing the world that the great crime for which anti-Semitism was blamed simply never happened -- indeed, that it was nothing more than a frame-up invented by the Jews, and propagated by them through their control of the media? What better way, in short, to make the world safe again for anti-Semitism than by denying the Holocaust?

The French historian Pierre Vidal-Naquet described the motivation of deniers more succinctly:

“ One revives the dead in order the better to strike the living.”

• Joyce

Well, NO. The 'why' of my answer would be this: Christianity is looked at I think as a belief system. But most christians do not have the slightest CLUE what Judaism is all about. As for Anti-semitism, the preaching of 'saving the Jews' is a direct affront!.. Even the New Testament teaches that the Jews are "G-d's people"... G-d deals with them WHY try to convert them. You are born a Jew but whether or not you study Judaism is your choice. You are not born a christian... you become a christian... And if you want to know from the prespective of someone who has been involved in this issue for some time now... The historical Jesus of Nazereth is mostly a myth as portrayed by Western christianity... Consider this, he was NOT a carpenter. He was a carpenter's SON. He was found ARGUING with the elders (the High Priests! the scientists of their day!) at the age of twelve...! He was arguing Torah! Even I have not attained anything like that level. I hold that the person known as Jesus of Nazereth was in fact himself a Priest or trained in Rabbinical Studies... he was extremely literate, and I firmly hold he was a noted prodigy and his name was Joshua! (Yeheshua) in Hebrew. The "Christ" is a Greek term meaning "Annointed"... He did not come to 'save the world', he came to the Jews! And ONLY the Jews! cf the New Test. his 'apostles' come to him after a gathering and ask: "why do you teach us these things and not the people" (which are mostly gentile) and he replies 'Because I would have to heal them and they would be "converted"... this has a lot to do with the teachings on the 'mixed multitude'... you will have to do your own studies on that. But no, I don't think that is a sin... is is just for the most part... true. Christianity has usurped a religion and completely mangled the truths of the teachings... And I am not a Jew, nor a christian or any other religion, I am an ordained minister but I am rather ecclectic now-a-days... studied too much history and experieced too much on the path to want to claim ANY religion,.. faith is another matter.

• Debbie

Picking up on something KosherNinja said;nobody ever seems to deny that about 5-6 million people from other groups were murdered, among them gypsies,homosexuals and the mentally and physically disabled yet people are very willing to deny that 6 million Jews were murdered.

So yes if someone talked about the alleged 6 million I would say they were certainly an anti semite or an idiot or more likely both.

The Zionists will call anyone who disapproves of, or even questions any of the actions taken by the Israeli Government, as being anti-Semitic. Anyone who doubts, or even seeks further evidence that the body count of Jews in WW11 was actually 6 million, will be called an Anti-Semite.

If you can notice how emotional, irrational, & demented people get when you pose a question like you did, it would seem obvious, that getting an objective & open-minded answer is not likely. "The Holocaust", capitalized and all, is a religion. It's even stronger than any of the denominational religions, sects, or cults that are known to exist. It is the "WORLD'S RELIGION". Society will not permit you to even bring up the subject unless you treat it with remorse & shame being directed to all non-Jews. People of the world are required by this UNIVERSAL, OMNIPRESENT, & EVERLASTING Official, recorded truth, that 6 million Jews were slaughtered, cold-bloodedly murdered by the Germany Nazi's in WW11. To show one spec of confusion or difficulty in blindly accepting this TRUTH, might label you an Anti-Semite. There is no space for an inquiry, an examination, a cross-examination, an investigation of any kind whatsoever! If you question the accuracy of the count, or if you probe any other sources that contradicts what is declared to be the "OFFICIAL RECORD", then you are no better than Hitler, & no more worthy to breath the same air as GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE!!!!!!

Study the history of those words, "anti-Semite". You'll find that it is a derogatory term that is often aimed at Gentiles, non-Jews. But what is a Jew? Some consider it a religion. Zionists, though, whether they are Christian Zionists or Jewish Zionists, consider Jewish to be a race unto its own. Like they are a separate type of homo sapien sapiens to all others on this planet. They believe in, & rely on teaching a very exclusionist ideology in relation to Jews. Christian Zionists believe that all Jews will burn in Hell unless they accept Christ as their Savior. Jewish Zionists, on the other hand, believe all Non-Jews are stupid animals that are not Chosen.

Zionism is a tool used by the wealthiest people & families in this world, for the purpose of suppressing the lower classes & gaining complete ownership of all the material resources. With this absolute domination & self-declared Supremacy over all, they consider themselves to be GODS!!!!!!

If you, or they, believe in the Bible, which I do not by the way, they should realize that the God they worship is the NT God Mammon.

Anti-Semite is a hate filled phrase that has the sole purpose of discrediting, humiliating, & silencing any person who questions anything about Israel, the Jews, the US Government (Jewish owned), or Hollywood (etc.). History is written by the victors.

I will close by saying that honest, love filled people, whether they are Jewish or not Jewish, are constantly being oppressed & made into victims by the super super elite, the 100% materialists; you know, the ones whom many doubt even have a soul.

The 2nd World War ended 7 years before I was born, and I live in Britain and not continental Europe. So I don't have first-hand knowledge of this great and terrible atrocity.

From footage I've seen on TV and what I've read, I believe that it happened and that the numbers involved were huge. Whether I believe any specific figure I think is irrelevant; even one was too many, and I do believe the number would have been huge, whether it can be proven or not.

The barbarity was meted out to Jews and I understand other people were also persecuted, such as homosexuals or Romanies. But the religion, way of life, sexuality, or any other factors are really irrelevant; they were people like you and me.

It's something we must try never to forget, so that something similar never happens again.

I think I approximate to the kind of person in your question. And I'm not against people because of their religion, or because of any other factor.

I wouldn't consider them anti Semitic, I would call them anti-human.

Most of the people who are in denial usually people who think Nazism was a "Golden Age" in our history. Anyone thinking Nazism is in any good has some serious mental problems and lack of compassion issues. Their disregard to the loss of life does not make more human, but more barbaric. I wouldn't even use the term animalistic to describe these insane individuals, because even animals show signs of compassion. It is a shame that these arrogant people think they are better than others are paranoid and driven into thinking that everyone else is to blame for the problems except themselves. They could be putting their energy into a better cause, like helping humanity instead of corrupting it.

No one knows the total loss of life during the Holocaust, but they also don't know how many people died during WWII. Just because we don't have an accurate number, does not mean we should omit it from the history books. We give an estimate of how many stars are in the Milky Way galaxy, it is probably not accurate, but it doesn't mean it isn't there.

There were too many eye witness accounts, documents, photographs and films to back these events happened up. It doesn't matter the death toll count, what matters is that we prevent it from happening again.

It's true because my uncles who went there and were there when they found the camps told me so. The rest is just examination of a cold fact. My uncles weren't Jews and wouldn't have lied to save themselves. Cowboys are like that.

If these kinds would just look at what the are saying they would save themselves the embarrassment they will feel when the fad is over and the Holocaust deniers discounted as the idiots they are.

We have to keep in mind that most of these people know the truth but are anarchist and want to do their small part by causing grief where they can.

Watch them. Don't turn your back. But don't listen to them.

• Andy F

Yeah, I probably would consider the person an anti-Semite.

Or maybe the person would just be the dupe of smarter people who are anti-Semites.

In any event, I think the attempted Nazi genocide against European Jews is pretty well documented. And I've visited one of the camps.

One thing that should be remembered about the Holocaust, though, is that it wasn't ONLY the approximately 6 million Jews who were murdered in Hitler's death camps.

There also were another 3 million victims of the Holocaust. (Some sources say it's actually more than this --- another 5 million victims -- including an estimated 3 million Polish catholics.)

Many of the non-Jewish German victims of the Holocaust were homosexuals, or Rom = Gypsies, or actual or suspected Communists.

In addition, Hitler and his minions killed several thousand mentally disabled people, too, to further his program of "race purification."

http://www.holocaustforgotten.com/non-jewishvictim...

It's not an allegation made by Jews. It was first brought out to the world by the Russian and American armies who liberated the concentration camps. Then the German records were found, those Germans are so meticulous in their record keeping, and they kept quite accurate numbers.

And of course the Jews told what happened to them as well, and when you look at the numbers in Jewish population centers across Europe who suddenly werent there anymore, its kind of a no-brainer.

So anyone who said "the alleged" 6 million I'd assume to be uneducated. If upon showing the person the figures, they still denied it, then I'd have to assume that they're antisemetic.

Yes and I would consider them historical illiterates too.

The Germans had very good records. There were 6 million Jews and over 3 million others that died in the camps.

Ravensbruk, where Corrie Ten Boom was interned, was a small camp just for women and there were over 50,000 that died there alone. There were dozens of camps and many were much larger and were dedicated to extermination.

• Someone who says 'alleged' regarding the Holocaust is almost certainly getting his or her information from *antisemitic sources*. It can't necessarily be determined from a single sentence that the person indeed harbours other antisemitic prejudices.

Of course most people go ballistic when we point out that their sources are antisemitic. Complaining about us 'using the antisemitic card' means that they never have to consider the validity of their sources or information and thus they carry on repeating modern versions of the old lies against us.

But if someone goes on and talks about 'allegation made by Jews', then yes, that's clearly falling into antisemitism because it's singling out Jews for criticism and ignoring the millions of other people who know that it happened.

So, dear Desiree, you've hoist yourself upon your own petard. Jews don't ask anyone to believe anything simply because we say it.