Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to convert from being a 'bad' muslim to a 'good' muslim and have all past sins forgiven?

Right, im 17 year old. My muslim father died when I was very young and so I now live with my mum (who was orignally Christian but converted) and my other siblings. We've never had religeon forced upon us but we've always said we were muslims and as some of my other siblings have grown older, they have indeed become, well, a lot more in tune with islam.

I have to say, I have always believed in the fundamentals of islamic beliefs but I've been completey led astray by the whole hustle and bustle of a standard teenager living in the UK. I've done some very bad things such as drinking alcohol and experimenting with drugs. I have been very depressed and started thinking about death (Not in a bad or suicidal way). Because of this, I started reading about Islam and well, found out a lot more about my religeon and agree with all its teachings. Doing this opened my eyes to what life is really about and how i should live. I just wish i had felt like this before all the stupid stuff I'd done.

I was reading some where that apparently when people from other religeons convert to Islam they have all their past sins forgiven. I am wondering if it is possible well, for a bad muslim to convert to being a good muslim .. if that makes any sense. I have made a lot of errors and mistakes and wish i could just start a fresh with a new clean slate. I don't know how to pray but inshallah i will learn.

I have (thanks be to Allah) not commited the major sin of zina but my word, it is very very hard growing up here were everything and everyone is 'at it'. I hope to Allah that I will not give into temptation. I would really appreciate some comments from perhaps some other muslim teenagers in advice on how to resist these. Thanks

and please no posts telling me to convert ....

Favorite Answer

No you cannot.

But you can be totally forgiven for all your sins when you accept Jesus as Lord of your life.

He is the only way to the Father Jehovah.

Your god is a the moon god so he cannot forgive anyone anything.

Say this prayer Out Loud and mean it.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.

I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

Source(s): Bible Christian Camille
  • EHsAn

Look you can become a good muslim by following Islam, asking for forginess from God. Praying often will keep you close to God and away from evil things so pray as much as you can and remember Allah in your daily life. If you do these things Allah will protect you from all evil things. Salam

Without the shedding of blood there is no remission or forgiveness of sins. And is why God did not spare His only Son Jesus Christ.

Now if you are going to say you worship the same God and refuse the gift of God, you are saying God sent His Son in vain. If you do not believe that the faith which is in the blood of Jesus the Christ of God, remits and forgive sins See Romans 3: 21-28, then just ignoring them won't do you any good

If you believed in God's sacrifice for the sisn of the world, and follow Mohamed, you might have a chance, butt he knowledeg of the gospel of Paul is geared to bring the believer unto predestination, see Romans 8: 28-30, Ephesians 4: 13 and the remission of sins is an absolute necessity, before predestination is possible.

I'm sure that Mohamed was a good guy, a God fearing man, but the redeeming equity is in the blood of Jesus.

Look at it from Israel's point of view, Under the system of Law they had a sanctuary and a priesthood, and their ministry was sacrificing bullocks and goats for the sins of the people See Hebrews chapters 9 and 10. You will see that the blood of animals was not able to purge the conscience od man from sin's guilt and condemnation and (sin conscence) Compare it with Romans 8: 1-4, And Galatians 4: 1-6, Hebrews 4: 1-12 Galatians 3: 19-26 You will see the mind of God on this matter and not man's. If it were left to man they would just simply explain sin away, and have you thinking we can get saved with good works, while retaining a sin nature.

In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

O brother of course Allah the almighty will forgive you, Allah is the Most merciful, Allah says in the Quran, if you were a perfect ummah that he would of whiped us all out, so that he may bring others, that do make mistakes, (but listen to what they do), they repent. Allah wants you to repent.

A man came to the prophet and asked him, O prophet of Allah I have done every possible sin is it possible that Allah can forgive me, the prophet said if your sins were like the sea, Allah would change your sins to deeds, the man so happy said to the prophet, O prophet of Allah if that was the case I would have the most deeds in the world, because of how many sins he had committed.

The prophet says in one of his hadith Allah the almighty is so happy of the return of his slave, it is like a person that loses his camel in the desert, and on the camel is his food and water, and the man that lost his camel searches and searches but stops because he is exausted from thirst and hunger, The man surprisingly finds his camel and says O Allah I am your lord, and you are my slave because of how happy he is, this is how delighted is.

Brother we make mistakes we are no perfect, but we must repent. We are all short in worshipping Allah the way he deserves, and we dont repent as much as we should , The prophet himself said, I repent to my lord more than 100 times a day, so what do you think we should be doing.

See the reason you did these things is because of your nafs, the nafs is your self conscious, see Iblees,(the devil), makes you do so many sin, that your nafs wants to keep doing it, Ibless has made you do it so many times that he doesn't have to whisper to you anymore, that's why if you notice, say A oothoobillahee minalshaitan alrageem ( I seek refuge with Allah from the devil), you would still notice that there is still temptation to do what you crave, that is because the nafs wants it, but you must fight it, the prophet said the greatest jihad is to fight against your self conscious. One of the companions once said The nafs is like a stealer, if you dont watch it, it will run away with your money, meaning your deeds.

He also said that the nafs is like a child if you give it everything it wants it will become spoiled.

We ask Allah that he makes us strong.

The best way to become a better muslim is to gain honor, and to gain honor you should follow the greatest man to walk this earth prophet mohamed peace and blessings be upon him.

There is a story of a man that killed 99 men, he really wanted to ask for repentance. but didn't know if Allah would except it, so he went around in the village searching for someone knowledgeable to give him an answer, there wasn't really a scholar but there was a religious person in that village, so the man that killed 99 approached this religious man and told him the story, the man replied THERE IS NO WAY ALLAH WILL FORGIVE YOU, so he added the religious man onto the pile and made it 100. He found someone else and went to him and told him the same story, the man told him if you really want to repent leave this village because it always reminds you of evil things so leave go to another village, as this man was on his way he died, the angels were now disputing where he should go, the angels of heaven were pulling his soul to heaven and the angels of hell were also pulling his soul, Allah then sent down another angel to solve the problem, he said Allah has said that you should measure the length of the land, if he is closer to the land that he was leaving hes in hell, but if he was near the other land he was going to then he is in heaven, the man was closer to the land he was leaving, but becuase of Allahs mercy to his creation he streched the land and made him closer to the land he was going to so he went to paradise.

We learn from this story that we should stay away from that which leads us astray, we should also watch our friends, a man came to the prophet and asked him what kind of a person am I, the prophet replied tell me who your friends are I'll tell you what kind of a person you are.

Allah knows best hope I answered your question.

SubhannaAllah,

First it's amazing how Allah will give us signs or ways to understand our ways and how we are given another chance. Matter a fact, everyday is another chance. Another chance to do more deeds, good deed. So that those good deeds may out weigh the bad ones.

First I suggest you pray two rakat tawbah (forgiveness) and make the duaa. the supplication for forgiveness. Oh Allah you are the All-Forgiving, Most Compassionate, and indeed I ask of you for Forgiveness so forgive me.

You see your error, alhamdulellah and I see that you are sincere in your words. Allah (SWT) is even more with you, He knows what is in your heart and your deeds, what is secret, in your chest, and what was done openely.

Ask Allah sincerely for forgiveness and remember Allah alot, do your duties, look for every extra chance to do good.

Remember Allah says that a good deed will out do a bad one 1 to 10!

Best advice is to refrain from going near it. There is a hadith, narration that says the flock of sheep that graze around a forbidden area are sure to enter it, or something along those lines.

So keep around you good company instead. Since you mentioned that mashaAllah your older siblings got onto a better head-start follow them. Spend real good time with them and also more time in the masjid. Sure there you will find many good muslim youth to spend time from and good deeds will rub off each other with each of you encouraging what is good and forbidding what is bad.

Read the Quran alot too. I found that is one awesome way to purify myself. Slowly but surely I'm learning it word by word. English is my stronger language but Arabic, especially the Quranic Arabic, is a bit of a struggle but alhamdulellah improving! And the beauty of it in Arabic is nothing compared to English!

Source(s): www.islamqa.com look how Allah forgave the son of adam after killing his brother, yousof's brothers after they wanted to kill him and all the other stuff they did to him, there's nothing to great that Allah (SWT) wont forgive you for EXCEPT shirk, disbelieving and associating partners with Allah Christians feel better thinking that they are 'saved' and that Jesus will help them because deep down they are afraid of they Day they face their Creator. The One who created them and sustained for them. But alhamdulellah we are guided and know that we are accountable for our own deeds and to ask Allah everyday for His forgiveness for our short-comings.

Hello

for sure my brother in the holy quaran you can find that every bad muslim become good muslim good will convert all the bad things that he did in the past to good things (sins will change to grades and good things) and GOD will forgive you and he will be very happy for you that you become good muslim and you should do your best to do not go back to the sins again.

and pleas read theschapter from quran to prof what im telling to you.

(69) Save him who repenteth and believeth and doth righteous work; as for such, Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

thes surat al furqan

[39:53]

Say [that God declares]: ‘O My servants who have been prodigal against their own souls, do not despair of God’s mercy. Truly God forgives all sins. Truly He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

[39:54]

And turn [penitently] to your Lord and submit to Him, before the chastisement comes on you, whereupon you will not be helped.

[39:55]

And follow the best of what has been revealed to you from your Lord before the chastisement comes on you suddenly while you are unaware’,

[3:85]

Whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him and in the Hereafter he shall be among the losers.

[3:86]

How shall God guide a people who have disbelieved after their belief, and bore witness that the Messenger is true, and after the clear signs had come to them? God guides not the evildoing folk.

[3:87]

Those - their requital is that there shall rest on them the curse of God and of the angels and of men altogether.

[3:88]

Abiding therein, the chastisement shall not be lightened for them and they shall not be reprieved.

Source(s): KORAN
  • Just because your muslim you don't get a free pass to paradise, that's the Beauty of Islam. You can be forgiven of your sins by Never sinning again, Pray 5 times a day, and help the people in need. If you do this you'll be forgiven and when your forgiven you'll feel a lot better about yourself. I'm sorry for your loss.

I recommend praying to the Virgin Mary daily. She is the greatest woman in history, and lived her entire life completely free from sin. She can help you to be a good Muslim!

Dude fix up, im not reading all that **** but live life man, trust this whole this religion that religion is bollocks, look at all the war and death it brings. You really think someone is sitting in the clouds watching all us... maybe with Santa... and the Easter bunny...

You'll notice successful people (not culture religious people or pastors and stuff) aren't religious.

LIVE LIFE - DON'T LET SOME MAN MADE BOOK LIVE YOUR LIFE

Peace

quote "Is it possible to convert from being a 'bad' muslim to a 'good' muslim and have all past sins forgiven?"

Present company excluded, I'm sure the members of Al Queda and the Taliban believe so. But that doesn't make them any more believable or trustworthy to anyone else.