can you type without looking at the keyboard?

i wish i could, be so easy((:

if you can how did you learn???

STAR if you looked at keyboard right now to type :)

Favorite Answer

Yes.

I learnt touch typing at my old school ages ago in computer class. We used some computer program to learn.

It just takes practice. The more you practice the easier it gets and the faster you can type.

I kind of can type without looking. Sometimes I need to look if I'm spelling a word that has a letter like z or x that I don't use much. I had to learn in 8th grade because of a typing class I had to take and even if I looked at the keyboard in that class it wouldn't have helped me because there were black plastic covers over the keyboards. So yeah...

• angel

yes I can type with out looking at the key board the way I learned was in typing class. Look at the middle row that is where you put your fingers a is the little finger s is the ring finger d is the middle finger and f is the index finger then on the other side is the right hand you have the index finger on the j and the middle finger on the k the L is the ring finger this is called your home row then you kinda memorize the other letters or just wait until you go to typing class good luck kid

Yeah, I can type without looking, once I learn where certain keys are I just kind of feel around for the others.

I was forced to use a type to learn program in school. We had to keep our keyboards covered and type as fast and errorless as possible.

We were supposed to use all our fingers but I cheated and used like four, so I just type with two fingers usually, it's faster for me. And it's not like I didn't learn where all the keys were.

>.> Also, the two finger thing isn't necessarily worse, my friend says I write novels on IMs really fast >.> Like I said, I use two fingers.

• No.Period.Lol I took this computer class as a mandatory elective for 7th grade and even after graduating from the interactive typing school I still have to look at the keys to type.I type really fast otherwise.If I typed without looking I usually press the key that is next to the letter I want for some reason,for example if I wanted to type A without looking I would press the S key :/

<3-Mina

Source(s): I STARed :)

Home Row: ASDFGHJKKL

Start there. F and J are your two markers, they usually have a little raised mark on them so you can feel them. Its all a matter of practice though.

And don't use two fingers. I know people who do that and its no good at all. You need to use both hands, all your fingers.

It's best to get a typing program, any will do. I've been forced to use numerous ones, mostly when I was in grade school and high school, but now I'm kinda glad I can type decently fast without looking at the keys.

yeah i can type without looking at my keyboard...even though i make alot of mistakes when i type fast, i can still do it without looking

it takes a lot of practice and determination in order for you to type without looking. i took computer discovery in 8th grade and had to take 37 lessons of typing from alphabet to numbers...it was hard and boring but all of that paid off in the long run

• Hayley

Yeah...not really sure how long it took me to learn, I wasn't trying to learn just that I spent two years at college and all my work was done on PCs so in that time I found myself able to touch type.

Before that I was really slow at typing. When I was at school I was always embarrassed because I was the worst at typing..lol x

• Yes, I can. But I make a lot of typos. It is just a skill I learned in elementary school...

If you want to learn how to type without looking, it just takes practice! IM someone constantly! :) Or you can go to one of those typing websites.

Yeah I can. We had this program at school for learning how to type and that's how i learned. Plus talking on msn all the time I can type really fast.