Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 years ago

how long does it take for a yeast infection to heal?

I've had pain during sex for two months and I just found out that it is from a yeast infection. I went to the doctor and she gave me ointment 2 weeks ago. I finished using it but I am still experiencing pain during intercourse. I can't go on like this! It's putting a lot of strain on my relationship.

Best Answer

Yeast infections can heal fast, slow, recur, stay etc. etc.

The issue with sustained yeast problem is generally due to immune deficiency, or should I say, you have to intentionally increase your immunity level even if you are other wise fine.

Avoid the use of antibiotics if possible (herbal alternatives are also effective)

Reduce your intake of sugar

Boost your immune system with natural immune system strengtheners

Eat a healthy diet

Exercise regularly

There are effective natural cures for yeast infections available that can help to soothe the discomfort and frustration of a yeast infection and other symtoms of thrush, resolving the infection without the use of prescriptions and OTC drugs. They contain ingredients such as Cymbopogon citratus (Lemon grass), Calendula officinalis, and Tabebuia impetiginosa (Pau d'arco bark). All have antibacterial and antifungal properties that effectively remove toxins and help to support the overall natural maintenance systems in the body.

Natural treatment for vaginal thrush has proven to be effective as well for relieving the pain and discomfort of candidiasis and for controlling candida overgrowth. There are many herbs with anti-fungal properties which may be used topically or internally to deal with the problem.

Apart from treating the fungal overgrowth itself, herbal remedies can also help to improve immune system strength, thereby helping to protect the body against future attacks. Herbal and homeopathic treatments are not only safe and effective to use, but also non-addictive without any side effects.

Some immune boosting herbs include Echinacea purpurea which is a Native American herb that has become famous for its antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. It is an excellent immune system tonic that boosts the body’s immunity by stimulating the production of immune cells.

Another commonly used herb is Astragalus membranaceous (also called 'huang qi'), which has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine to tone the ‘qi’ or life force that we know as the immune system. Astragalus is an ideal remedy for anyone who is prone to recurrent infections such as candida, as it is able to increase the body’s resistance and immune response to illness.

Viscum album is commonly known to enhance the immune-stimulating properties of other ingredients, and it encourages repair of damaged cells.

You may get detailed info on these remedies over here http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/remedies/t/...

2

Source(s): Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast - http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?uKxX
  • Pamela

Hello, I'm on the second week and seeing definite improvement on my yeast infection symptoms:

https://bitly.im/aLZ9n

Note that: If the yeast infection doesn't respond to over the counter treatment, prescription medication will likely be necessary. Similarly, if the symptoms return after two months of being treated, you should contact the doctor for professional treatment rather than resorting again to home treatment.

https://bitly.im/aLZ9n

If this is the first time you have experienced a yeast infection, you should schedule an appointment to have the condition treated by a doctor instead of resorting to home treatment

• C

Honestly it depends. I've had a yeast infection for two months now. It's slowly going away though. I've been able to get rid of two of my symptoms which are the itching and burning, but i still have swelling and discharge. Monistat and diflucan prescribed by the doctor did not work. So like the other person said your body could be resistant to the medication. I just been doing natural things. Here's what i've doing.

Changing my eating habits because it does have a direct link to yeast infections. Limit your intake of sugar and carbs(pasta, bread, rice, cookies, pastries, even fresh fruit etc) because these feed yeasts causing them to grow. Eat a diet rich in lean protein and veggies. Eat plain yogurt(no added sugar) because it contains L.acidophilus, the good bacteria we need for healthy vaginal flora. Even if you're on medication, if you're still taking in alot of carbs and sugar you're not going to heal any faster because you're letting the yeast continue to grow.

Building my immune system by taking vitamins A,D,C, and Folic Acid supplements

Taking garlic, grapefruit seed extract, and echinacea/goldenseal herb supplements. They act as natural antibiotics with antibacterial and antifungal properties. You can also incorporate raw garlic into your diet for better results.

Take probiotics/acidophilus supplements.

I recommend you research yeast infections and everything i mentioned linked to it like diet, vitamins, and supplements. What I have been doing has been working, but you have to have patience because it's not always a quick fix. Your body has to have a healthy immune system to help fight infections. You have to make your partner understand if the issue is about sex.

Also, visit www.earthclinic.com click on ailments and then yeast infection. There are natural home remedies listed there as well.

Try Yeast Infection No More : http://www.YeastCured.com

If you dont wanna buy itch cream ive heard a warm rag over the swollen or itching area helps a bit try not to itch and yogurt i guess also kills yeast infections hope you feel better

Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast : http://YeastCured.uzaev.com/?kIyT