Your thoughts on the United States Postal Service?

• Phil
    Favorite Answer

The people behind the counter have no sense of urgency. I could get three times the work out of the cashiers at Kmart for a third of the wages and no benefits. I say those postal workers should switch jobs with the Kmart people for a week during Christmas time and see how good they have it with their cushy pensions and union protection from being fired. Also, the USPS computer tracking system sucks. It doesn't tell you where your package is until it's at its destination.

On the plus side, they really do deliver. The people who go house to house dropping off letters and packages have my respect, and so do the sorters and the truck drivers who move mail between one city and another.

Internet usage and inexpensive phone service has really hurt revenue generation at the U.S. Post Office. People today send far less mail than they did even a decade ago. Different than, but analogous to, the print media, the Post Office must shift to consumer demand in some fashion to maintain solvency. Benjamin Franklin started the Postal Service. He of course, could not have imagined the manner in which business and people communicate today. To me, the question has become should America underright the losses the Post Office will continue to experience, or, should this still vital service be placed on the auction block for management in the private sector. I don't know the answer, but do fear, if we lose this service to America.

First of all they are lazy.

I have seen first hand what they have to do

I know that most of it can be done in littler time then they say.

they just want hours and money.

it pays good but they are cheaters when it comes to getting pay for work.

they take their good time

we have postal service in this smal community and they never get the mail out before 11am and its a small town.

if its too big for these two to handle hire someone that can handle it.

I know its for military retired and i guess they could use the jobs and they do get them but there are reasons they go nuts also sometimes the mass of supervisors should look at what is going on and correct it and maybe they would correctsome of the problems to. check it out if you dare.

they are ok other than the fact that if they don't feel like knocking on your door for a package, they just leave a slip on your mailbox so you can go down to the post office and stand in line forever to get whatever it is. I have noticed that some postal workers don't do that, they at least knock. the postal service says its up to the post man if he knocks or just leaves, which i think in nonsense.

My dad worked there for 27 years and HATED it. That's why they call it "going postal"

Extremely convinient. I do think they need to cut the fat and figure out ways to streamline so they are a more viable business. I think they've done some work with that (like easy flatrate stuff) to compete with UPS/Fed Ex

It has been pretty much a laughing stock since the invention of the internet and email; unless of course you need to mail a package. In that event, insurance insurance.

GRR!!!

I hate the whole "business days" thing!!!

I am currently waiting on 2 packages to be delivered the first 2 of 4 have been.

• Mary

Pitiful. Lately we've got more of the neighbors mail than our own. One day the mail runs at 1:00pm the next it's 5:30pm-

• Viper

Unpredictable

v