Panama!!! Need some answers... Please help!!!!?

Give me information but dont just give me the website, you can even copy and paste it from where ever you got it. I have looked a whole bunch for this on the web engines... i might not be lookin in the right place or no typing it right so here it is...

* Give me a summary of general info... the length of a paragraph (5 sentences please)

* What are some traditions and customs in Panama

* or just give me any information you can

-thankyou and the best info , the person who wrote it will get 10 points!!!! :) thanks for the help :P

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The culture of Panama derived from European music, art and traditions that were brought over by the Spanish to Panama. Hegemonic forces have created hybrid forms of this by blending African and Native American culture with European culture. For example, the tamborito is a Spanish dance that was blended with Native American rhythms, themes and dance moves. Dance is a symbol of the diverse cultures that have coupled in Panama. The local folklore can be experienced through a multitude of festivals, dances and traditions that have been handed down from generation to generation. Local cities host live Reggae en Español, Cuban, Reggaeton, Kompa, Colombian, jazz, blues, salsa, reggae and rock performances.

The government of Panama does not collect statistics on the religious affiliation of citizens, but various sources estimate that 75 to 85 percent of the population identifies itself as Roman Catholic and 15 to 25 percent as evangelical Christian.[2] The Bahá'í Faith community of Panama is estimated at 2.00% of the national population, or about 60,000[3] including about 10% of the Guaymí population[4]; the Bahá'ís maintain one of the world's seven Baha'i Houses of Worship in Panama.[2] The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) claim more than 40,000 members.[5] Smaller religious groups include Seventh-day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Episcopalians with between 7,000 and 10,000 members, Jewish and Muslim communities with approximately 10,000 members each, Hindus, Buddhists, and other Christians.[2] Indigenous religions include Ibeorgun (among Kuna) and Mamatata (among Ngobe).[2] There is also a small number of Rastafarians.[2]

Bahá'í House of Worship, Panama City, PanamaCatholics are found throughout the country and at all levels of society.[2] Evangelical Christians also are dispersed geographically and are becoming more prominent in society.[2] The mainstream Protestant denominations, which include Southern Baptist Convention and other Baptist congregations, United Methodist, Methodist Church of the Caribbean and the Americas, and Lutheran, derive their membership from the Antillean black and the expatriate communities, both of which are concentrated in Panama and Colon Provinces.[2] The Jewish community is centered largely in Panama City.[2] Muslims live primarily in Panama City and Colon, with smaller concentrations in David and other provincial cities.[2] The vast majority of Muslims are of Lebanese, Palestinian, or Indian descent.[2]

The Constitution provides for freedom of religion, with some qualifications, and the Government generally respected this right in practice.[2] The US government reported that there were no reports of societal abuses or discrimination based on religious belief or practice in 2007.[2]

Outside of Panama City, regional festivals take place throughout the year featuring local musicians and dancers. Another example of Panama’s blended culture is reflected in the traditional products, such as woodcarvings, ceremonial masks and pottery, as well as in its architecture, cuisine and festivals. In earlier times, baskets were woven for utilitarian uses, but now many villages rely almost exclusively on the baskets they produce for tourists.

An example of undisturbed, unique culture in Panama stems from the Kuna Indians who are known for molas. Mola is the Kuna Indian word for blouse, but the term mola has come to mean the elaborate embroidered panels that make up the front and back of a Kuna woman's blouse. Molas are works of art created by the women of the Central American Cuna (or Kuna) tribe. They are several layers of cloth varying in color that are loosely stitched together made using an appliqué process referred to as "reverse appliqué".

(found on wikipedia)

• ammon
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Clavado is correct at the cash. Those are the quality locations to move. Now simply a different factor, brush up in your Spanish, due to the fact that the women don't seem to be fluent in English many of the instances. There's a brand new spot known as Cotton Club, that's meant to be very well. I recognize the man that does their immigration and he says that the women are hand picked. Since you are selecting an upscale resort within the economic district, ensure it is the Panama Marriott, that manner you'll be able to be in jogging distance from each spots. As for the ethical disorders, do not devour up all of the hype. Sure a few of them owe cash, a few particularly cherish to do that, believe me! However ensure that you simply use safety all the time. A operating lady.....is a operating lady!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Panama is very safe and one of the shining stars in Central America with roads considered sae and generally in good con

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.