Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

New Google Nexus One phone sales tax in Texas?

I'm looking at buying the unlocked Google Nexus One phone online from Googles website. I know that many things that are ordered online do not require the buyer to pay sales tax depending pnthe state they live in. Can anyone tell me if I will need to pay sales tax on this phone? Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've just ordered one in Texas. They've charged me a total of $572.64, including 8.25% Texas sales tax ($43.64). In hindsight I guess it's not surprising Google has a presence somewhere in Texas, so has to pay the tax. But it still came as a shock when I read the confirmation e-mail - probably said it at check-out, but I didn't notice.

• 1 decade ago

Most of online sales does not add sales tax, unless the state you are in require that.

Simply go online to the site and do test drive by do check out and see the total. If not, call the customer service number provided for customer services.

http://www.newrules.org/retail/rules/internet-sale...

Source(s): Tax Professional
  • 1 decade ago

Yes you would have to pay sale tax for Texas. I hope you enjoy your new nexus one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.