promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

UGRGENT! What would be the proper way to write this on an envelope to send to someone?

Jane Doe at Trident Technical College, Respiratory Care Program, 630 AH/M, 7000 Rivers Avenue, PO Box 118067, Charleston, South

Carolina, 29423-8067

IS THIS CORRECT:

ATTN: JANE DOE

TRIDENT TECH COLLEGE, RESP CARE PROGRAM, 630 AM/H

Rivers Avenue, PO Box 118067

Charleston, South Carolina, 29423-8067

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You always put the location FIRST and the attention second. You generally would not need both the street address AND the post office box either. I'd opt for the post office box if they have one but that's just a personal preference one. Most companies use post office boxes for mailings and the street address is just used to show street location.

TRIDENT TECH COLLEGE, RESP CARE PROGRAM, 630 AM/H

ATTN: JANE DOE

PO Box 118067

Charleston, South Carolina, 29423-8067

Source(s): Business grad and recent writer/sender of many resumes!
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Write "AH/M" or "AM/H", whichever is correct, and don't forget the "7000" before the Rivers Avenue.

The post office reads addresses from the bottom up, so if you want the envelope to go to PO Box 118067, which you probably do, it would be correct to put it on a separate line below the street address. I know this because we have both a PO box and a street address, and this issue comes up frequently.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ali Cat is right. The only thing I'd do differently is to put "ATTN: Jane Doe" under the entire address. I've had instances where mail room people look at things quickly and don't see the name at all, so the recipient never gets it.

Also you could put her name at the top without "ATTN:" That way mail sorters who work at the hospital can easily see who the envelope is for.

• 1 decade ago

Someone needs to get a dictionary and look up the definition of urgent.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yeah except you left out the street number.

• 1 decade ago

yes

• 1 decade ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.