Avatar pic trouble..Please help?

Okay, I'm aware that not many people know about GIMP and graphics or whatever but I need help. I am trying to make a profile pic for IMVU and I want to make the ones that looks like they have been air brushed and stuff. The problem is, when I take a screen shot..it takes a pic of my computer instead of my avatar. How do I get it to take a picture of my avatar instead?

Please don't answer this question if you have no idea about GIMP,avatars, or IMVU. Don't waste my time and don't waste yours.

Best Answer

You are taking a screen shot with the Prt Scr and that will never allow you to control the area of the screen you want in a screen shot.

Screen Capture:

DO NOT use PrtScr unless you don't have a good screen capture program. Takes only the current browser window when you do it that way. Then you have to crop the image later if you need just a small section of the image.

Use the following free software that allows you to select the area for a screen capture and/or whether you need to auto-scroll for a capture of a window that is too long.

Last free version of FastStone Capture 5.3 (1.2 MB) - http://www.oldapps.com/fast_stone_capture.php

Comes with its own built in Graphics Editor. Has many other shortcut keyboard options. The best feature is the auto-scroll on the web pages that has a scroll bar. This programs will auto-scroll and capture entire page!

Ron

aww I wasn't. yet it fairly is as much as you expensive female. I do ask your self what proportion..err.. unusual e-mails you get once you submit a real %nonetheless. by using you I propose females subsequently.. I propose all I have been given when I submit my genuine %became a stern warning from Yahoo to do away with it till now the completed equipment crashed from non use. Sigh.