Matt asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 1 decade ago

What are some unique and romantic hotels in Southern California?

I want to take my wife away for Valentine's Day weekend, and need some great ideas for unique hotels in the southern California area. My area preferences would be outside of LA, since we visit there frequently... Maybe Santa Barbara, Solvang, possibly even as far south as Carlsbad, etc.

I'm looking for something out of the ordinary; not Hilton, Marriott, etc. Something that has character! I would be willing to spend up to $300 a night for the right place.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

http://missioninn.com/

This place is absolutely gorgeous and romantic.

My fiance took me here for Valentine's Day last year and

it was heaven.

I'm sure your wife would love it!

Good luck!

Romantic Getaways In Southern California

If you want something close to LA, here are a couple of good options

Langham Pasadena = It's the former Ritz Carlton and I think the only 5-star hotel besides the ones in Dana Point. It's been around since the Pasadena old money heyday. We stayed there last year about this time. We were on the conceige floor and had access to the conceige room which had wonderful setups. I think we paid around $250 a night (+ taxes and everything that gets added in it). The worst thing about it which is also a good thing is that it is in a residential neighborhood. Fun for walking around and seeing the unique houses. Not great for getting around and seeing the Pasadena sites (Old Town, the wonderful bookstore, South Pasadena's soda fountain restaurant). And they only have valet parking which I always think is more of a pain than it's worth.

The Hilton Huntington Beach is also great (or the Hyatt next door). The room was modern newly redone and it being the highrise we had a wonderful view of the ocean. It's walking distance to all the HB mainstreet things and you can rent bikes or walk around the Bolsa Chica reserve.

RE:

I want to take my wife away for Valentine's Day weekend, and need some great ideas for unique hotels in the southern California area. My area preferences would be outside of LA, since we visit there frequently... Maybe Santa Barbara, Solvang, possibly even as far south as Carlsbad,...

Source(s): unique romantic hotels southern california: https://trimurl.im/b40/what-are-some-unique-and-ro...

The Hotel Bel Air is beautiful, exclusive, and romantic. It's IN LA, so you can spend the money you would have spent on gas to pay for the higher hotel bill. It would be my first pick.

The Four Seasons Biltmore, on the beach in SB. In spite of the fact it's a Four Seasons, it is unique, romantic, and has character.

The San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito.

The Alisal Ranch in Santa Ynez. Adjacent to wine tasting!

The Ojai Valley Inn. Everyone likes an escape to Ojai once in a while. You don't even have to leave the grounds of the Inn-- it is a world unto itself. 5 star resort and spa.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awBmD

Hi, I have livedin Los Angeles, since 1962. And there are many quaint places along the coast. Here are our favorite beach hangouts. Paradise Cove , Malibu. The beach cafe has been around since the 1920's. Love that place!!!! Santa Monica Pier. I very historic place, with a charming old feeling, great seafood and the entertainment is free. Venice Beach Boardwalk. How great is this place. And very historic and quaint as well. Hermosa Beach. Try staying at Sea Sprite Motel. Right on the beach. We have been staying there for 40+ years, and you will love this super cool beach town that is bubbling with unique shops, side walk cafes and one of the best piers on the coast. Manhattan Beach. Slighly more upscale than Hermosa Beach, but still such a swell place to visit. San Pedro. This is a very historic town with lots of atmosphere. I recommend it highly. Long Beach. Try the Gondola rides on the historic canals. Goes way back. Very romantic and so quaint. Seal Beach. A very quaint beach town, which it is, with a a totally small town atmosphere. We love this place. Balboa Island. Now it can't be quainter than this. A storybook town oozing of charm. Corona Del Mar. I adore this quaint part of the Orange coast. The State beach has wonderful tidepools. The town is loaded with quaint shops and restaurants. Old fashioned charm all the way. Newport Beach Pier Area. Check this place out. It's one of the oldest places in Southern California. And the Dory fishermen still seel their daily catch at the foot of the pier every day. Laguna Beach. How quaint do you want a town to be? This town is historic, artsy, and bohemic. Stay at the histroic Hotel Laguna, the only hotel in Southern California that can serve cocktails on their private beach. Which they do!!! Dana Point. Now this is history. Dana Henry sailed in to town and traded weapons for bison furs with the native Indians. It was along time ago. It has a very quaint harbor area, that you will love. San Clemente. You'll love this Spanish themed old town, that was influenced by Ole Hansen, a Dane, of oll things. But the Spanish architecture was his idea. And it make town so charming and quaint. We love the Fisherman restaurant on the pier. So will you! I could go on and on, all the way to the Mexican border. Come and enjoy all these places. Annelie

There are a ton of nice resorts in Palm Springs.

If your wife likes to spa then she will be in spa heaven!

Here are some of my favs in Palm Springs:

1. The Parker

2. La Quinta Resort

3. Viceroy

4. Colony Palm Hotel

5. Desert Hills

6. Horizon Hotel

• Muppet

In Santa Barbara the Spanish Garden Inn looked really nice. I didn't stay there, but I did walk past it the last time I visited. It's a small luxury boutique hotel close to State Street.

In Carlsbad is the La Costa Resort which is very nice. I had to go in there 4 months ago when I got terribly lost showing my parent's around.

• Berke

unique romantic hotels southern california

Everyone desires to reside in a fantastic residence with stylish and special framework and if you are one of those people and you have the location and time to do your own landscaping why don’t you make your very best perform with a good deal of help from here https://tr.im/goXxs , the guide from Ideas 4 Landscaping.

This 1 stop database of more than 7000 large resolution images and ideas was designed by Helen Whitfield, a landscaping extraordinaire, educator, with above 20 years knowledge creating AWARD-WINNING landscapes and being featured in numerous magazines and publications, she envisions this collection as a design package suitable for newbies