What's the best bank to open a saving account with them ? Wells Fargo, bank of America or Chase ?

And what happens if they fail n have my money in it ?

• wolf2
    Favorite Answer

You just have to go to each of the banks and see which one you like the best. As for me I use chase and wells Fargo. I have never had a problem with either one of them. I really dislike bank of America.

If you are just opening a savings account then you should choose a local credit union. There rates are usually better than the big banks. Online banks are good too. There interest rates are very good. Wells fargo saving rate is 0.04%. Online savings accounts like Ing direct, everbank, emmigrant direct and others hover around 1.3-1.5%

You can check them out here http://www.bankrate.com

i would say Chase, because first, they give u $100 for

opening an account with them and they are the biggest and

most succesful bank out there, they are the ones that

make other banks fail and take them over when they do.

btw, can you answer my question on my profile?

Bank of America is going strong, no sign of failing anytime soon.

I financial business enterprise with electorate financial business enterprise and that i admire them. besides the actuality that i will debit as much as i want without costs, I actual have freed from fee checking, earn reward factors, have elementary to apply on line banking with loose bill pay. I actual have had no problems with them because I actual have had a account with them. yet they are close by to the Northeast usa. yet while that would not enable you to, i will inform you that I actual have had terrible reports with Chase, financial business enterprise of united statesa., HSBC and ESL credit union. So a minimum of stay faraway from those.

1> none of the above.. they are going to add fees till they get your money back it is how they make money... find a credit union and go with them.. they make money off interest from investing the money they have deposited... and aren't driven as much by profit.

2> as long as the institution you use is insured by the fdic and you have less then 100,000 you won't lose any cash.. it may take a few months to GET your money if they fail.. but you will get it back

Check them all out and see what one will give you the best % rate.

1) None of the above.

2) http://www.fdic.gov/

• ?

Funny, I was wondering the same thing myself

• candis

that's a tricky question