How does "Stay of Adjudication" work?

I received a ticket for underage consumption that will be dismissed if I have "no reported violations for one year following Stay of Adjudication". To my understanding, Stay of Adjudication means that the judge has "delayed" judgment in the case??? Does this mean that if I follow all laws for... show more I received a ticket for underage consumption that will be dismissed if I have "no reported violations for one year following Stay of Adjudication". To my understanding, Stay of Adjudication means that the judge has "delayed" judgment in the case???

Does this mean that if I follow all laws for one year, the charge will stay off my record? Or... does it mean it will come off of my record in a year?

Also, how would an underage consumption ticket handled by "stay of adjudication" affect a career in the military?

Thanks for your help.
Update: Thank you both for your help!