Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

what is the part called(splash shield?) that protects your belts/engine from water under car?

I have a nissan maxima 96. my belt use to squeel. so the guy fixed it and told me water gets in the belt because I don't have the shield to cover up the belt. its the part that goes behind your wheel that hides your engine/belt.

This is the part im looking at but it doesn't look like the part that protects the bottom of your engine/belts. http://www.partstrain.com/store/?N=0&Nr=AND%28make...

thanks. I wasn't sure. I'll look around for one than.

Favorite Answer

you have got it right what this shield does is prevent anything from splashing up onto the engine water will cause electrical problems while mud and dirt will not only look messy but sause corrosion the shielda are important on front wheel drive cars because of the belts and lots more electics zzzz

Source(s): me

As formerly pronounced interior the submit, verify the drain valve it relatively is many times located on the backside of the radiator is totally closed. generally water leaks are by using broken wells in radiator, or wiped out water hoses. If the leak isn't extreme and there is sluggish water loss, ultimate to proper the radiator and improve bottle in the previous your experience and you should be high quality. in case you do ought to proper up water on a similar time as the motor vehicle has been working, take precaution to allow the engine settle down in the previous you do away with the radiator cap, to sidestep scalding/burns. additionally in no way placed chilly water right into a very warm engine by using fact the temperature difference between the two environments can injury the engine "head". i in my opinion attempt protecting faraway from waiting to purchase strategies jointly with radweld. From journey they do greater injury than stable, in clogging up water pump and so on. If the water leak interior reason undesirable i does not threat driving by using a threat threat of overheating the engine.

It's called a lower engine splash shield. Your Nissan dealer should be able to help you out. You can't get it aftermarket & I wouldn't recommend a wrecking yard.

Source(s): 25 yrs Auto Body

thats it. it a big piece of plastic that covers the bottom side of the engine.

that,s called a skid plate.