Laura asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

How can I convert a 2007 powerpoint to a older version (2003?)?

I did a powepoint for a class using the 2007 version, but my teachers computer is too old to view the updated version. How can I convert my powerpoint to be able to be viewed from her computer? Any help would be great!

• Paula
    Favorite Answer

You can save the PowerPoint 2007 as PowerPoint 97-2003 format (.ppt). Click the Office button, point to the arrow next to Save As, and then click PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation. The Save As dialog box appears.

In the File name box, enter a name for your presentation, or do nothing to accept the suggested file name.

In the Save in list, select the location that you want to save your presentation to, or do nothing to accept the suggested location.

Click Save. The file is saved as a PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation (.ppt) file that you can open in PowerPoint 97 through 2003.

Note: if you use new features like 3D in PowerPoint 2007, they will not display in PowerPoint 2003 of your school.

To keep complete of your 2007 presentation with new effects, you can save it to video or DVD using a converter like Moyea PPT to DVD Burner, which can save everything from your original PowerPoint to a video or onto a portable DVD disc capable of cross-platform playback, including embedded audios and videos.

Downloadable at: http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/ppt_to_dvd/

Hope this a help to u!

• Alice

It won't but at home you can save it as powerpoint 2003 (use the Save As option, in the drop down box select microsoft powerpoint 2003).

save as 97-2003 Document

What he said. Just open it up in power point again and save it as the 97-2003 it makes it compatible with all the power points in that time.