Is it legal for real estate agents to pay for buyer's closing cost ?

can buyer's closing cost/downpayment deducted from real estate agent's commission ?

Favorite Answer

Not in CA, I do not know about other states.

I think the lender might have a problem with a buyer unable to afford to handle their own transactions.

It is not allowed in most states. That being said, it would be rather stupid for an agent to agree to such a request, given that closing costs would wipe out most or all of the commission earned. I'd never agree to such a request, even if it were legal in my state.

not legal in my state at all. In fact I had to credit to the borrower and the agent wanted to but the title company would not allow it. I lost and the agent made out

• ?

I have heard of this being done a number of times over the last year so presumably it is legal.

Only if it is disclosed to all parties involved in the transaction. Stupid, but doable.

• ?

No.