Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Do you feel safe having Janet Napolitano as Homeland Security Chief?

I'm sure Al Queda is shaking in their sandals at the sight of this woman, LOL

• Carol

It is not a matter of feeling safe. I firmly believe that security is an illusion. While there are things we can do to protect ourselves we can never be safe without sacrificing essential liberty. What distresses me about this is how broadly the report is written. It basically says that if you are against expanding federal government control (i.e believe in the 10th amendment), oppose abortion, oppose illegal immigration or have served your country in wartime that you are in danger of becoming a violent extremist. To some greater or lesser degree this touches a wide spectrum of society, not just right wingers. The simple fact is that the official DHS position is that if you disagree with the administration in any way that you are a potential terrorist. I absolutely have a problem with this concept.

I don't feel safe having a homeland security department.

You have to understand on the big picture with people who are in power when they say homeland "security" they're actually saying "insecurity".

Kind of like the Ministry of Truth and Love. Seriously...

People could disagree, but really they cause more fear and insecurity than they do the other way.

Source(s): 1984... if somebody is like Whaaa?
  • Bill

Frankly, I would feel pretty safe without a Department of Homeland Security. I'm more concerned with driving in the snow and eating too much butter than I am with terrorists trying to blow me up. It's not exaclty Beirut over here.

I feel safe knowing that my safety isn't 100% in the hands of Janet Napolitano. I would like to believe that there is at least one unspoken hero working under her that has the bare minimum competence needed.

Nope Napolitano is not fit to head security at the Mall .

• TC

Homeland security has never been about keeping Americans safe, It is about removing our freedoms, controlling the masses, and empowering the the Oligarchs.

I feel safe with my custom .45 ACP Colt M1911 that I have a liscensed concealed carry permit for, along with my Selective fire REC7 rifle.

• Matt W

I still feel safe but the degree of safety is far more a result of being one of 300,000,000 and not because of anything that she has done. I do not feel anywhere near as safe as before she decided that Americans were more dangerous than those who have pledged themselves to our death.

She is the same dunce who championed "open borders" with Mexico. That I think speaks for itself.

Al Quaida probably loves her.