A pit bull owners advice?

O.k. I am from the horse section and had a question and hoping to get true honest answers from pit bull owners and not get nasty replies. O.k. my baby sister who is 18 has a pitbull that has in the past month gotten more violent with my mothers livestock, has killed one chicken this past month and a couple days ago... show more O.k. I am from the horse section and had a question and hoping to get true honest answers from pit bull owners and not get nasty replies. O.k. my baby sister who is 18 has a pitbull that has in the past month gotten more violent with my mothers livestock, has killed one chicken this past month and a couple days ago has killed the last of the three chickens left. Now today mom got ahold of me and was upset (we live on the other side of the states from eachother, and I guess the pitbull snapped and ripped a hole in her lil dogs throat all the way to the bone, where she had the vet just put the lil dog down. I don't know the whole situation but i recommed my mom to put the pitbull down, because he is displaying very aggressive behavior and usally pits are not that way unless they are taught that , and my concern was for if he is doing that to livestock and dogs whose to say he won't attack a person next? What is your opion on this? I would like educated pit bulls owners feedback , for this is a serious issue , and want to see what I can suggest to my mother . thank you
Update: Thank you < i agree that it is unusal unless they are taught to be aggressive like that , That is why I suggested to my mother that she put him down, because I would eb worried about wht he is to do next and wouldn't want to be a danger to the society. Thank you
Update 2: Thank you Rouge, I wanted different views.
Update 3: ~ Wow never expected so many good answers~ Thank you