Matt asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Investment Advice For Financial Sector?

I was wondering what some of you think about investing in the financial sector and if you would be going short or long right now. I made it kind of a general rule to stay away from it a couple years ago and since haven't paid much attention except for what's on the news every now and then.

Favorite Answer

I like the financial sector right now. It got hit extremely hard last year. The gov't bailed out many companies, so I highly doubt it will now allow any company to fail. AIG, C, BAC should see nice rebounds once the economy rebounds. Go long with financials.

The financial sector in the USA has definately experienced considerable problems and at best is

still considered quite risky, whereas if you were to look outside of the States ie., Canada, the financial sector here is quite strong, has rebounded from lows experienced earlier in 2009 and appears to be stable as for paying reasonable dividends with some expectation for growth depending on which of the Big 5 National Banks you choose, Royal, Bank of Montreal, TD Bank, Bank of Nova Scotia, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce or you could play all/some to further diversify. There are Mutual Funds, ETF's that also have large holdings of these Institutions if your preference is not too hold the stock . Many areas on the internet to check this all out including American Banks, and other foreign Financial Institutions etc.

Source(s): 35 years in the Canadian Financial Industry and Investment Securities
  • Sarah

It depends on how you want to diversify your portfolio, I personally don't invest in financial stocks, I'm more into foreign markets and the energy sector. I may add financial stocks at a later time but I want to wait a while

the federal government waste greater money than the internal maximum sector. I as quickly as labored for the federal government and that i observed lots waste and people that could come to the development yet did not not something all day. i could not stand in view that maximum of persons have been employed without them having any accountability I recommend honestly 0 artwork to do. this is a waste of the tax payers money. as quickly as you have been employed and are there for 3 years you won't be able to be fired. i ultimately cease and went to artwork interior the internal maximum sector the place people actual artwork for their pay. i could could decline on your question. the federal government is acquainted with the thank you to spend money yet they don't understand the thank you to keep money. They spend all they have and greater. consequently they don't understand the thank you to regulate money or the country. I trust Mike Huckabee approximately term limits.

Using a stockbroker for financial guidance one must be aware of the fact that they do get paid on a commission.

For more information about this topic, check out this article:

Go for Nifty Future trading.... checkout niftyfuture.co.in for more information