Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

Is it "Hope this email finds you well" or " I hope this email finds you well" ?

I want to use a good formal letter and I want to start with Hope this email finds you well.. but should it be with "I" or without??

Thank you

Favorite Answer

Technically, you should use "I" because it's the subject of the sentence and to leave it out makes it an incomplete sentence. But I think most people would know that "I" is meant to be understood. I don't see that it makes that much of a difference unless you're a real stickler for grammar.

Get a No Cost Background Check Scan at https://biturl.im/aU2eL

Its a sensible way to start. The site allows you to do a no cost scan simply to find out if any sort of data is in existence. A smaller analysis is done without cost. To get a detailed report its a modest payment.

You may not realize how many good reasons there are to try and find out more about the people around you. After all, whether you're talking about new friends, employees, doctors, caretakers for elderly family members, or even significant others, you, as a citizen, have a right to know whether the people you surround yourself with are who they say they are. This goes double in any situation that involves your children, which not only includes teachers and babysitters, but also scout masters, little league coaches and others. Bottom line, if you want to find out more about someone, you should perform a background check.

Get a No Cost Background Check Scan at https://bitly.im/aOk7G

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awDFz

It actually means something more like, "I hope you are doing well as you read this". It's more of a polite wish for the recipient's well-being than a hope that the e-mail arrives intact. Chris Peters, M.S. Chief Editor Cottontail Publishing

"Hope this email finds you well" sounds too casual.

"I hope this email finds you well" sounds a bit personal, like you know the person for a long time.

If you really want to start a formal letter in this way, I would suggest the second one.

Hope this answer helps and finds you well!!

Depends on who you're talking to. (notice I didn't say "It depends" because, hey, we're all friends here.)

I think the "I" is superfluous (unnecessary) because...

You are sending the Email

and the recipient knows it!

If you're writing a letter than why are you talking about email?

I don't like the wording of those phrases

I would say 'I hope this email/letter reaches you in time'

That makes more sense