Hypoglycemia and blood glucose monitoring?

I have hypoglycemia, and lately it's been a lot worse than usual, and I can't think of any reasons why.

Anyway, I was wondering about glucose monitoring...either getting a meter, or getting a continuous glucose monitor.

I know that meters will tell you what your glucose levels are at the moment you take it, and that CGMs lag about 20 minutes and are better for looking at trends in BG. I also know that both are expensive (though the CGMs cost much more and often won't be covered by insurance).

I'm sure this is something that I should discuss with my doctor, but I'm just trying to get ideas here.

Does anyone have any experience with testing with a meter or having a CGM? I'm especially interested in hearing from people with hypoglycemia.

Thanks!

Best Answer

If you go to your family dr most of the time they will give you a free meter and test strips to start you out. And if you have insurance the test strips are usually covered but if not they are $1.00 a strip. Also just check with your dr and they will be able to help you out with the insurance thing.

Or there are some websites that offer free meters. I got mine from my dr for free. And I have no insurance.

1

Source(s): Reverse Diabetes Without Drugs - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?yheu