Why is a work of art portraying Jesus submersed in urine is daring and avant garde?

A work of art portraying Jesus submersed in urine is daring and avant garde, but a work of art portraying Mohammad submersed in urine would be bigoted and hateful. Why is this acceptable?

You are right. The example I gave is an old example but I used it because bashing Christianity has been going on a long time. So why don't you apply the same bashing to other religions ie; Global Warming Alarmist, and Muslims? Or is it just that fact Christian don't over react by cutting off someone's head?

Favorite Answer

A work of art portraying Jesus submersed in urine is old hat. It was avant garde at the time, but come on, that was 23 years ago. A work of art portraying Mohammad submersed in urine would just be derivative at this point--although it would probably still get you some good death threats. I guess that's daring.