does smoking a whole lot of weed act as abortion?

i recently found out im pregnant. and my friend told me that by smoking a lot the THC is an easy way to abort. pot heads please answer

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, it won't and anyone telling you otherwise hasn't done any real research. Read the studies yourself.

Prenatal Marijuana Exposure and Neonatal Outcomes in Jamaica:

An Ethnographic Study

Melanie C. Dreher, PhD; Kevin Nugent, PhD; and Rebekah Hudgins, MA

ABSTRACT.

Objective. To identify neurobehavioral effects of prenatal marijuana exposure on neonates in rural Jamaica.

Design. Ethnographic field studies and standardized neurobehavior assessments during the neonatal period.

Setting. Rural Jamaica in heavy-marijuana-using population.

Participants. Twenty-four Jamaican neonates exposed to marijuana prenatally and 20 nonexposed neonates.

Measurements and main results. Exposed and nonexposed neonates were compared at 3 days and 1 month old, using the Brazelton Neonatal Assessment Scale, including supplementary items to capture possible subtle effects. There were no significant differences between exposed and nonexposed neonates on day 3. At 1 month, the exposed neonates showed better physiological stability and required less examiner facilitation to reach organized states. The neonates of heavy-marijuana-using mothers had better scores on autonomic stability, quality of alertness, irritability, and self-regulation and were judged to be more rewarding for caregivers.

Conclusions. The absence of any differences between the exposed on nonexposed groups in the early neonatal period suggest that the better scores of exposed neonates at 1 month are traceable to the cultural positioning and social and economic characteristics of mothers using marijuana that select for the use of marijuana but also promote neonatal development. Pediatrics 1994;93:254-260; prenatal marijuana exposure, neonatal outcomes, Jamaica, Brazelton scale supplementary items.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/c...

Just get an abortion . . . .

If you go to a Planned Parenthood clinic that has a low-income program it can be as cheap as 100$. If you tells them you have no job, no money and no support they will likely have you pay the minimum for the procedure and get donations to cover the rest. 1-800-230-PLAN (1-800-230-7526) to find the Planned Parenthood clinic nearest you. If you are underage it will mostly likely be free.

You have the choice between the pill (which can be taken up to 11weeks, at home or at a friends house) or the vacuum method (in clinic procedure). Personally I used the pill method so I could be at home with my husband but some women want to have the surgical, so it's done and over with when they leave the clinic.

You will be financially screened - usually this goes on the honor system, weight/height taken, blood pressure checked, pricked -fingertip- to check for rH factor and anemia, you will receive an ultrasound or sonogram to determine gestational age. You may be asked if you want to view the image, this is up to you. You will receive antibiotics, anti-nausea tabs and pain meds. Take them ALL. You must finish at the very least your course of antibiotics. Follow all aftercare instructions and go back to your after care appt. This last step is vital, you must go back for your aftercare appt! Abortion begins a new menstrual cycle. You should have a regular period in 4 to 8 weeks.you should have the option of receiving birth control - again this will most likely be free, take it and use it correctly.

If you are underage you may want to check this site out to see about parental consent laws and whatnot. http://www.sexetc.org/state *Even if it says you need parental consent, you don't. Call PP and tell them you cannot tell your parents; by law, a judicial bypass must be available to those minors who just cannot get their parents/guardians permission. A judge signs the parental consent acting as a de facto guardian. Abortion funding http://www.nnaf.org/help.html

Some state medicaid program do pay for it, use this link and figure out if your state covers it. If they do, you can go to "welfare" office and get emergency coverage and the state and taxes will help pay for it. http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/book/companion.a...

If you have any more questions or want/need to talk about it drop me an email.

It is entirely possible to have an abortion and not feel guilt because you knew it was the right thing to do.

ImNotSorry.net

~Pro-Choice Momma; Have had an abortion <no regrets> and I have a 12 month old daughter <no regrets>. I believe in protecting my daughter's choice.

Abortion: There is a Consensus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSQiazUv

Youtube thumbnail

Ps - Many women have smoked marijuana all throughout their pregnancies and their babies have been fine. If someone wants an abortion tell her to go to Planned Parenthood.

EDIT - It doesn't cause birth defects either. Jeez will some people do some research, instead of spreading mindless misinformation they cannot prove!

MARIJUANA USE DURING PREGNANCY HARMS THE FETUS

A powerful accusation in anti-drug campaigns is that children are permanently harmed by their mothers' use of drugs during pregnancy. Today, it is commonly claimed that marijuana is a cause of birth defects and development deficits.

THE FACTS

A number of studies claimed reported low birth weight and physical abnormalities among babies exposed to marijuana in utero. 43 However, when other factors known to affect pregnancy outcomes were controlled for - for example, maternal age, socioeconomic class, and alcohol and tobacco use - *the association between marijuana use and adverse fetal effects disappeared.* 44

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myt...

**A whole generation in the 70's smoked marijuana, so why didn't we have a whole generation of babies with severe birth defects? If what they say is true?**

Medical Marijuana: A Surprising Solution to Severe Morning Sickness

By Erin Hildebrandt

Issue 124 May/June 2004

http://www.mothering.com/medical-marijuana-surpris...

• Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If weed was a gateway drug then I would have moved onto another drug a long time ago, and so would the hundreds of other weed smokers I know that don't do ANYTHING else. I don't even smoke cigarettes. I do drink from time-to-time, however I drank before I started smoking weed. It's not physically addictive but it canbe very psychologically addicting due to the fact that it has a very euphoric effect and one can easily get used to such a wonderful feeling and desire it often. It's all about self-control, really. Balance between responsibilities and party favors is always key. Smoking is never a healthy act however it has been proven that thecarcinogens found in marijuana smoke are NOT cancer causing. There are, however, many medical benefits to marijuana that are often ignored. New studies show that marijuana may help spur new brain cell growth (and it does NOT kill brain cells as so many people like to think). Clint F: Please elaborate on what exactly they "put in it" considering marijuana is a plant that grows naturally and it's effects are seen without any additional chemicals or substances. Please do not blindly spread fear and lies. Maybe you are thinking about the dangerous things found in cigarettes. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are confused. Source(s): Links to show, just some, of the health benefits from marijuana

• 1 decade ago

No that will not cause an abortion or miscarriage. All it will do is cause you to have a mentally challenged and/or deformed child. Chance are, then, you'll have to care for the child for their entire life instead of just 18 years.

If you want an abortion, do it the right way. This is not to say that I agree with that decision, mind you, but I'd rather you did it the right way instead of do things to your unborn child that could cause them to suffer unnecessarily for their entire life.

Don't be selfish.

• 1 decade ago

No. It could cause birth defects. Why don't you just look into giving the baby up for adoption? If you are so eager to kill it then it should not hurt you to give it up. There are a lot of families out there who would love to have a child. Think about it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No way does marijuana cause a miscarriage. It likely wouldn't even hurt the baby, popular opinion notwithstanding.

Grow up and take care of your business.

• 1 decade ago

i smoked a crazy amount the first couple months i was pg, only cuz i didn't know i was pg! its not gonna do anything to the baby. ive gotten a bunch of sonograms and thank god everything seems fine with the baby. don't torture yur baby just cuz you don't it. doing anything like drinking or smoking isn't gonna do anything but give him/her greater risks of being born with problems, and making their lives hell. its not fair to them!

Source(s): personal experience. 33 wks pg
  • 1 decade ago

You're a flippin' idiot. You+procreation=bad idea. Clearly you and whatever meth head knocked you up are morons.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

All that will do is **** up your baby... Why don't you get a real abortion?

www.plannedparenthood.org/

• 1 decade ago

No, but you can really damage your baby.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, you are an idiot!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.