Connor T asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

what are the best wheels to get to fit my abec 3 reflex bearings?

im getting new bearings for my tour 800 hockey skates and i need new wheels too. The bearings im getting are abec 3 reflex bearings and i need to know the best kind of wheels for me to get to fit those bearings.

Favorite Answer

Depends on the surface.

Soft wheels (74 or 76a) for sport court, Hard (80 -> 85a depending on your weight)

for asphalt and concrete. Haven't been on a rollon surface enough to know what to suggest for that.

If skating on more than one surface use different wheels. I can't over emphasize this!

From what I can see, that frame can fit up to 76mm wheels. Years ago I had a pair of CCM roller hockey skates with a chassis similar to yours - all 76's gives more speed, but if you want to better stimulate an ice hockey blade feel (as well as better turning, stopping, stops + starts) put 2x76 wheels at the back of the skate, 2x72 in the front.

Source(s): Been playing ice and roller hockey since 1991