Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

A Decent book to read?

Could you please suggest a nice book for me to read as I am looking around for good books I like are kinds of genres. As long as the book is decent!! Please no twilight Saga.

• Favorite Answer

13 little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson --that was a very good book

Holes by Louis Sachar --that was also a good book. I read the book before the movie came out. I was reading this during Hurricane Isabel. My mom had picked it up when I wasn't reading it. When I wanted to read it again, she didn't want to put it down. She wanted to rip the book in half so she could keep reading, and so she could shut me up. lol. and no, I wouldn't let her do that. I don't remember who go the book though.....

Secret life of the Bees by Sue Monk Kidd --that I read way before the movie came out. very good book.

The Blue Mirror by Kathe Koja----I skipped gym class in high school to finish this one =)

Hate You by Graham McNamee-----I skipped gym class again to finish this one

Med Center by Diane Hoh----this is a very addicting series.

The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett---I watched that movie so many times as a little girl, but the book was just as addicting. I loved it. I had this book in my history book when I should have been studying for finals back in the 10th grade.

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks-----I cried so hard while reading this that my mom was telling me to just stop reading it. But I didn't. I just couldn't. I personally hate the movie. They changed some things that just contradicted things in the book

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton ---this may have been on a school's reading list you have had or may have....but it's one of my favorite books to read. One of my friends used to love reading this over and over again in class in the 7th grade. And she'd just burst into tears. And my teacher would be like...'Taylor, It's just a verb...oh, not that book again.'

Waiting for Sarah by Bruce McBay-----also a very good book. I read this during class.

A Well-Timed Enchantment by Vivian Vande Velde-----I happen to love a lot of her books. Such as Companions of the Night---my all time favorite book.

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell ---It's a classic =)

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte ----Also a very good classic. It was a 10th grade book. I listened to it on disk. But I've read it many times since then.

Midnighters by Scott Westerfeld --that's a good series.

Uglies by scott westerfeld ---another good series

All American girl by Meg Cabot---I loved this book so much, I took it with me to a school assembly. I didn’t care if I got stares =p

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber---I love this series =)

Lord of the Flies by William Golding----It was a 10th grade school book. I loved it. I have read it over again.

The Stand by Stephen King---Very good book

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald---I read this fairly quickly. I loved it.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen----Another classic

I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan----I stayed up all night on a school night finishing this. Couldn't put it down.

My Dog Skip by Willie Morris-----I have not read this, but I saw the movie. Books are always better though, right? It was the first movie I ever cried at, and it was in a movie theater.

Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich---

One for the Money,

Two for the Dough,

Three to get Deadly,

Four to Score,

High Five,

Hot Six,

Seven Up,

Hard Eight,

Visions of Sugar Plums,

To the Nines,

Ten Big Ones,

Eleven on Top,

Twelve Sharp,

Plum Lovin’,

Lean Mean Thirteen,

Plum Lucky,

Fearless Fourteen,

Plum Spooky,

Finger Lickin’ Fifteen.

Very good series. Easy reading. It’s laugh-out-loud funny.

=)

Happie Reading

Source(s): m 2nd personality

Any book from Ellen Hopkins and Sarah Dessen. I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer, i thought it'd be bad, but the truth is, it's really not! I like it a LOT so far. you could also try Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Willow (i'm not sure who it's by sorry..) Night World series by L.J. Smith Blue is for Nightmares series by Laura Faria Stolarz Undone by Brooke Taylor Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (I highly recommend this book.) Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson The House of Night series by P.C and Kristen Cast The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong The Awakening by Kelly Armstrong(sequal to the summoning) Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr The Blue Girl by Charles De Lint Little (Grrl) Lost by Charles De Lint The Pretty One by Cheryl Klam Uglies Trigoligy by Scott Westerfield The Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson Uhmm..that's all i can think off. :)

Anything Stephen King

"One Hundred Years of Solitude" - Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Nobel Prize Winner)

Harry Potter series

"Dracula" - Bram Stoker

"Frankenstein" - Mary Shelley

"The Joy Luck Club" - Amy Tan

Enjoy!

Source(s): my own bookshelf XD

Warriors books by Erin Hunter

Sisters Grimm by Michel Buckley

The Two Princesses of Barmare by Gail Carson Levine

Magyk by Angie Sage

Christy Miller by Robin Jones Gunn

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita

The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Andrews Edwards

Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

The Puppeteer's Apprentice by D.Anne Love

Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

Prophecy of the Stones by Flavia Bujor

The Looking-Glass Wars by Frank Beddor

Dancing Shoes by Noel Streatfeild

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

Once Upon A Marigold by Jean Ferris

The Wall and the Wing by Laura Ruby

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

The Great Good Thing by Roderick Townly

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinley

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horwitz

The Golden Hour by Maiya Williams

Ever by Gail Carson Levine

Princess Ben by Catherine Murdock

Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Lightning Thief by Rick Roiden

These books are all complety decent.

-The Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant), Veronica Roth

-The Fault in our Stars, John Green

-Will Grayson, Will Grayson, John Green

-Looking for Alaska, John Green

-The Maze Runner, James Dashner

-Paper Towns, John Green

-Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell

-Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell

- the Maximum Ride series, (The Angel Experiment, Schools Out--Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning, Max, Fang, Angel, Nevermore) James Patterson

-Confessions of a Murder Suspect, James Patterson

-Confessions: The Private School Murders

-The Percy Jackson Series, (The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian) Rick Riordan

-The Heros of Olympus Series, (The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades, --and in Oct 2014--> The Blood do Olympus) Rick Riordan

Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen

City of Thieves by David Benioff

Diva's Don't Knit by Gil McNeil

Mr Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange if you like Pride and Prejudice as this tells Darcy's side of the story when he and Elizabeth are apart, great read!

Facing the Lion by Simone Arnold Liebster.

You can view this book on Amazon.com

It is a true inspiring story about a young girl and her family in

Nazi Germany.

His Dark Materials - a series by Philip Pullman

Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

Tears Of Artamon - a series by Sarah Ash

Lord Of The Rings - a series by J.R.R Tolkien

Any of those I would recommend :)

I am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells

Partials by Dan Wells

InDIVISIBLE by Ryan Hunter

Matched by Ally Condie

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Jodi Picoult is really good, good topical stories. Lynda La Plante if you like crime, Stiegg Larrsons millenium series. The options are endless!

Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat