dave asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My dog just ate a urban squrile (tree rat).. should I be concerned?

Favorite Answer

My dog ate a baby diaper once and pooped it out later on. So I think preety much anything can pass through a dog's digestive system. As long as your dog has all its shots theres nothing to worry about.

Source(s): a dog
  • Dee

Eating the animal itself wont hurt the dog, but considering that it is a wild animal and you don't know if it has rabies or worms or anything. I would take it to the vet to be checked just in case. There is also the possibility that the squirrel bite the dog when it was caught. The vet will also check for that to. Good Luck

No but you should be more concerned about the fact you can't spell Squirrel. They aren't even on the same branch of the Rodentia tree as rats.

And no you have very little to worry about, make sure you are keeping your dog UTD on his deworming.

yes you should be concerned. not because eating a squirrel is necessarily bad for him but because that squirrel could have had rabies. take him into the vet and get him a shot pronto, and keep a close eye on him

Nope, pat him on the back and tell him 'good job'. It's natural. My dog does it all the time. Just wrap it up and get rid of whatever is left so you don't have squirrel guts in your yard and go about your day.

Your dog just ate a squirrel, thats ****** hilarious. He'll be alright, i wouldn't worry. lmao

as disgusting as it is... it wont be harmful for him... as long as he dosnt choke on anything...

so in regards to health... no need to be concerned...

however its not really appropriate for a pet to be eating those sorts of things...

so praising him when he eats normal food may help, and scolding him when he eats tree rats.

all the best!

Source(s): my awesomeness