kheng asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

ear wax stuck on other side of ear drum?

i feel like i have wax stuck in my ear, but its stuck on the other side of the ear drum. i know this because i can feel it or rather hear it if that makes sense. it makes my left side of my head feel hollow when i pop my jaw. my other ear feels like i just got off a plane, with alot of pressure built up. i cleaned out my ear till it was clean, and still feels weird. anyone know whats up? thanks everyone

• Keith
    Best Answer

Ear problems can certainly be annoying. Let me help.

!st, you said you cleaned out your ear. Did you use a cotton swab (Qtip). This is the wrong thing to do. The ear wax is produced in the outer 1/3 of your ear. When people use swabs, it winds up pushing wax further into the ear, possibly winding up against the eardrum, so please don't use those swabs.

Now to get rid of the wax, Most people of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide around the house. Pour 1 capful, lay down with the side of your head flat and pour the capful into the ear. It helps to have someone do that. You will hear fizzing and bubbling ( I actually like the sounds ), when it stops, drain the ear and do the other side. You can repeat this a couple of times until the ears are clear and then do it once a month or so as maintenance.

I can't wait to "hear" how well it worked.

Take care and be well.

Source(s): Family of Nurses

You need a product called Ear-i-gate. It's sold everywhere, like Walmart. It looks like a can of hair mousse, and when you spray it in your ear, it sprays BACKWARDS, so it's really gentle, and it'll get that wax out of there.

Good luck! :)

Source(s): nurse.