Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Whats the difference between Pacific time and central (USA)?

I am doing gamebattles and it is 7pst but i dont know if its like 5 for me or 9 for me

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The first answer you got was incorrect, they gave you what 7 PST would by using Atlantic time, and your question requested Central Time. The correct Central time (by second person) is indeed 9 Central.

Just so you have it on file, there are four time zones used for the contigous 48 states.

7 PST (Pacific Standard Time), Los Angeles, Seattle would be

8 MST (Mountain Standard Time) Las Vegas, Phoenix

9 CST (Central Standard Time) Dallas, Chicago and

10 EST (Eastern Standard Time) Miami, New York.

The other two states, Alaska is AKST (Alaska Standard Time) and it is one hour behind Pacific time or 6 AKST while...

Hawaii is again another hour behind that using HAST, formally this is Hawaii-Aluetion Standard Time, where it would be 5 AKST, this time zone includes the Alaskan Aluetion Islands chain (so technically Alaska has two time zones), informally Hawaiiès time zone is HST (Hawaii Standar Time).

So when it is 5 in Honolulu (or on the aluetion island of Unalaska) it is

6 in Fairbanks and Juneau,

7 in Los Angeles and Seattle,

8 in Los Vegas and Phoenix,

9 in Dallas and Chicago and

10 in Miami and New York.

Puerto Rico is on AST (or Atlantic Standard Time), not to be confused with EST (Eastern Standard Time), and is one hour ahead of New York and Miami or

11 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. American Samoa is one hour behing Hawaii making it

4 SST (Samoan Standard Time) in Pago Page, American Samoa.

Finally we have Guam which is 18 hours ahead of PST and Los Angeles, and 15 hours ahead of New York. Guam uses the time zone ChST or Chamorro Standard Time. The Chamorro are the indigenous people of the Marianas Islands which is in the same time zone as Guam, in fact the time zone used to be called GST or Guam Standard time but it was changed to better reflect all the island nations and territories in the zone, of which most were the Chamorroan people.

Most of the time Guam is usually already using the next date from that of North America for even when it is 10 AM in New York at Miami, it is 3 AM the next day in Guam.

Wow that took my an hour to research and insure my information was correct. Better hold on to this for your world travels. :)

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Whats Central Time

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Central Time Usa

• Bobby
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It is two hours later in the Central time zone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zelda
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

9-east coast is 3 hrs later than pst

• 1 decade ago

if your in the centtral it would be 9 pm for you

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Never thought too much about that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.