Why is Iran trying to import 1,350 tons of uranium ore from Kazakhstan?

VIENNA (AP) — Iran is close to clinching a deal to import 1,350 tons of purified uranium ore from Kazakhstan, according to an intelligence report obtained by the Associated Press on Tuesday.

(read the rest at the link)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-12-29-Iran...

Will President Obama dispatch Joe Wilson to Kazakhstan to debunk this report?

Favorite Answer

They need it for their nuclear weapons program that doesn't exist.

• TK

Ahmadinejad is changing his ways. He's going to open a Franklin mInt style foundry where they will make commemorative cups and saucers and plates with photos of Amadinejad (in jodhpurs and riding crop) and Khamenei (contemplating his hand sown flower garden) quietly celebrating their great electoral victory. But instead of using clay and old firing processes, Ahmadinejad is using yellow cake uranium because its less costly, and more durable, and because yellow is his color.

There's no need to worry about this development. Ahmadinejad and Khamenei are just two wild and crazy guys just having some fun. Ask all the public policy guys, we don't have to be concerned about them until they have a nuclear weapon. And then we'll do something civilized like take tea with them and stroll through the prisons filled with Iranian pro-democracy leaders and exchange notes on torture and tips on how to make it more fun for the torturers. They're human too you know!

There's nothing to worry about. The public policy guys have got it covered, so now you can sleep well tonight!

Iran will start WW III. Any chance of stopping that went away when Obama took over the White House.

• Mike W

Uranium doesn't have many uses, nuclear power plants, nuclear weapons, and depleted uranium for armor piercing rounds, and armor. We can rule out depleted uranium, so it would have to be nuclear power or nuclear weapons, probably weapons.

Hmm, what would you do with 1350 tons of uranium?

I know what I'd do if I were an anti american radical muslim.

Right, yet another unverified report from another undisclosed source.

Why you people continue to accept this crap as if it was real I will never understand.

Do you ever get tired of being lied to?

I guess not.

I do not know why nor do I care why We are the first and the only nation on Earth which dropped 2 Atomic bombs on civilian population which killed hundred of thousands of innocent civilian people.

dude,they need the sh.t to build nukes for the big jihad....

who give a damn what iran buying including any craps from any others country that their business.

And what the f, are you whining, bit.*ching and crying about.

it ain't your money they spend, does it.

• yellow cake party perhaps,,,,yes no,,,,,

Source(s): a party perhaps