Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

i wanna be a model for something american eagle im soon to be 15 and love to take pics im 5.8 help me out plez?

i love taking pictures. like when im bored i grab my camera and take pictures. my eyes are like green they have yellow around that black part in the middle. My hair is blonde in the summer its really blonde and in the winter its like a blonde brown its slowly turning brown :(. I don't know where i got the blonde hair, but i think i got it from my dad when he was 3 he had blonde hair. Will anyways i live in st joesph missouri im a freshman in high school id love to be a model im 5.9 and still growing. My dad is 5 feet and 10 inches my grandpa is a little taller so i know im going to be the tallest one in my family. I weigh 111.5 pounds. Can anyone help me get started and like send me too somewhere that i would most likely be chosen. Please anyone?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Short answer: in order to model for large fashion companies like American Eagle, you have to be with a modeling agency. Fashion companies don't take models off the street. They go to a modeling agency & choose models for their ads from them.

Best "education" on how to get into modeling & the modeling world: www.newmodels.com or www.exploremodeling.com. Both sites explain how the modeling world REALLY works and how to get into modeling. Educate yourself so you don't get scammed. Also check out: http://carinaecasting.com/site/index.php/tag/model...

FYI - you don't need a portfolio in order to send photos to an agency. Any agency who wants you will know exactly what kinds of photos they want in order to promote you. Do NOT listen to anyone who says you need a portfolio in order to get started! I had nothing when my agency accepted me. When they signed me, they told me what types of photos they needed ("Commercial/lifestyle"), gave me a list of photographers in the area who did that type of photography, and I had to get photos taken for my comp card (model's business card which has photos on it). I didn't have to use any of the photographers on the list, I was free to go to any photographer I wanted as long as they knew how to do commercial photography. If an "agency" sends you to use their in-house photographer & don't give you the option to shop around for a different photographer, then it is a scam.

And keep in mind that since you are under 18, you will need parental consent before any agency will sign you. So get your parents involved in your decision and have them look at those sites above too so they know what you are doing is legit.

And lastly, modeling is a lot of hard work & you can't always do what you want. As a model, I have to make sure I get a lot of sleep, eat the right nutritious foods, and take good care of myself. Sometimes I can't go out with my friends because I have rehearsals for a show or fittings. You sometimes have to wait around for hours for a rehearsal or maybe at a photoshoot and you have to be very patient. Some models take their homework with them to shoots or rehearsals because they have no other time to do it. Modeling isn't all about lying around looking beautiful. The glamorous photos don't show how much work this really is. I don't say this to turn you off, I say it because people are often surprised about how much work a photoshoot is. Holding poses is tough and it sometimes reminds me of yoga because some of the poses aren't very comfortable at all but you have to try to stay relaxed and *look" comfortable. It's hard. Having said that, if you truly love to model, you won't mind the work involved. Best of luck!!! :)

Source(s): Me - I'm an agency signed model in the Detroit area.

Make well grades and get ready for institution. College is while you can discover that having your possess biases within the "pleasant" results for folks will harm greater than it is helping, and you can attempt to come to be as impartial as viable in serving to others and come to be a sect-loose counselor.

pics plzzz

u r a guy?

u need to put pics

You talk a lot.

You're male? David? Please, transfer to a military school..