How do I use frozen berries to make muffins. Thaw or unthaw?

I have not made muffins from scratch before but I was given a big bag of frozen berrys and I don't want them to go to waist. Dose anyone have a good simple recipe. Should I thaw the berries first or add them frozen. any tips would be helpful.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When using for baked goods do not thaw. Add them to cakes or muffins. Great in pancakes or waffles.

Heat on the stove add a bit of cornstarch to some water and add to the cooking blueberries. Great topping for ice cream, cake, pancakes, waffles.

Make a smoothie. Add a bit of yogurt and milk to a blender toss in some ice and blend away. Breakfast smoothie.

Make a pie, cobbler, crisp.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Leslie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Just pour them out on a plate. If you need, say, 1 cup, measure out a heaping cup and once they thaw, you'll have 1 cup of thawed berries. Most recipes work fine using frozen berries anyway, even though they call for thawed.

• Murray
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I've made a lot of muffins over the years, and these are absolutely the best ever. Will never use another blueberry muffin again. Received a lot of compliments too. This one will tell you what to do with frozen blueberries along with a lot of other recipes. Each recipe usually has it listed in the ingredients which way to go. Enjoy.

http://www.bigoven.com/163811-Blueberry-Cream-Muff...

• 1 decade ago

take a cup at a time, thaw slightly under cold water and drain for the recipe.

If you don't unfreeze them they will water down the batter.

I have tried both ways prefer to slightly thaw them first.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

use them frozen to retain the shape .

http://www.joyofbaking.com/muffins/ButtermilkBerry...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.