How do I use frozen berries to make muffins. Thaw or unthaw?

I have not made muffins from scratch before but I was given a big bag of frozen berrys and I don't want them to go to waist. Dose anyone have a good simple recipe. Should I thaw the berries first or add them frozen. any tips would be helpful.

Favorite Answer

When using for baked goods do not thaw. Add them to cakes or muffins. Great in pancakes or waffles.

Heat on the stove add a bit of cornstarch to some water and add to the cooking blueberries. Great topping for ice cream, cake, pancakes, waffles.

Make a smoothie. Add a bit of yogurt and milk to a blender toss in some ice and blend away. Breakfast smoothie.

Make a pie, cobbler, crisp.

• Leslie

Just pour them out on a plate. If you need, say, 1 cup, measure out a heaping cup and once they thaw, you'll have 1 cup of thawed berries. Most recipes work fine using frozen berries anyway, even though they call for thawed.

• Murray

I've made a lot of muffins over the years, and these are absolutely the best ever. Will never use another blueberry muffin again. Received a lot of compliments too. This one will tell you what to do with frozen blueberries along with a lot of other recipes. Each recipe usually has it listed in the ingredients which way to go. Enjoy.

http://www.bigoven.com/163811-Blueberry-Cream-Muff...

take a cup at a time, thaw slightly under cold water and drain for the recipe.

If you don't unfreeze them they will water down the batter.

I have tried both ways prefer to slightly thaw them first.

use them frozen to retain the shape .

http://www.joyofbaking.com/muffins/ButtermilkBerry...