Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

Do you think that solar powered energy for homes will catch on in the Philippines?

In all the times that I have been to the Philippines I have not seen any solar powered homes. This is confusing for me because I think that filipinos could greatly benefit from it.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, the Philippines has the largest solar power plant in Southeast Asia and number 9 among the countries in the world having the largest solar power plants!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a bit pricey yet for the Philippines. The 12 volt Appliances you can find there are junk. And the batteries they buy from China are junk as well. So it has some problems to over come there. Still cost prohibitive there to use. There are a few homes there with solar power. Mostly expats. And I have never heard them speak well of it there. Most just play with it a bit. Wind looks better. As a power source to most there.

• emyle
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No. i won't no longer the place I stay.. in case you reside interior the barren region in line with hazard you could. the concern is photograph voltaic is barely good 4 to six hours an afternoon if the sunlight shines. you could save in basic terms plenty capability. Say it rains for 2 weeks. you're in hardship.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Build Solar Power Easily - http://SolarPower.duebq.com/?qkv
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you'd think they would. But considering too many lard-*** lackeys get a share from Miralco, then it's not going to appear anytime soon.

(The same reason you'll never see centralized transportation)

• 1 decade ago

TOO EXPENSIVE,ONLY FEW REALLY RICH FILIPINOS CAN AFFORD IT.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.