Cheapest way to fly from Glasgow to Caen France?

Does anyone know?

Update:

Or in fact what is the cheapest way to get there at all?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Although my good friend "Wise Owl" is very correct, such flights require a change of aircraft in Amsterdam and Lyon. Aéroport de Caen-Carpiquet is a small regional airport that is restricted to smaller passenger aircraft. Journey tijme is around 14 hours including stopovers at the above airports.

AIRLINAIR is the main operator at this airport using small ATR 42/72 turboprop aircraft.

A suggestion if I may, it would be far cheaper to travel by coach from Glasgow to Portsmouth then take the feryy service (thrre times a day) to Caen(Ouistreham).

Possibly contact Brittany Ferries on 0871 244 0744 or National Express on 08717 81 81 78. Maybe one of them can arrange an all inclusive ticket.

Source(s): Travel agent based in Brittany
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

As there are no direct flights from Glasgow to Caen why not fly down to Southampton airport from Glasgow (or go by train) and then sail with Brittany Ferries to Caen from Portsmouth (there is a bus to Portsmouth ferry port from the airport).

Even better if you can get a fast ferry crossing.

**Southampton airport is the nearest airport to Portsmouth with flights to and from Glasgow**

• Lo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

As far as I'm aware there are no direct flights from Glasgow to Caen Airport. You may want to try Prestwick or Edinburgh they may have move flexible flights. Any flights to Caen from Glasgow normally go via another airport say Charles de Gaulle for example. Google 'just the flight' and input your destination dates etc & it will give you available connecting flights.

• 1 decade ago

As far as I know only KLM fly from Glasgow to Caen and the air faire is £412 or thereabout, depending on your dates, but you have to change flights.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/pub/agent.dll?qscr=fexp&f...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.