How do I send a package to S. Korea? Do I write their address in Korean? and/or romanized Korean?

How long would it take anyway?

• aebin
    Best Answer

You know it really does not matter, as long as you write SOUTH KOREA (right below the receiver's address). I've done it both ways, so you can trust me. haha. Just make sure that, address is marked properly and that the postage is done correctly. Good Luck!!

Source(s): Pick me for your best answer..^^

whenever i send something to s.korea i'll write the address in english/romanized.

but that's because logically the people in my country(the uk) postal people don't know how to speak korean. so, they would have no idea where to send the package to if i wrote in korean!!!^^

so, i'm guessing it is the same for you. i would say DEFINATELY write it in romization.

however, i usually write the receivers name in korean. writing the name in korean will not affect the address.

but it does not matter if you use the english spelling for their name either.

Well I send gifts to pen pals in S korea and I write the address in english neatly. It's get there just fine. It takes at least a week.

You can just write it in Romanized Korean, it'll arrive no problem.

Source(s): I recently sent something there through Fed EX (express shipped it) written in romanized korean, missed a small part of the address, and it still made it there in 4 days.

im trying to figure out the same thing, what i am going to do is i am going to put it in english on one side and than in korean on the other side just to make sure :)

Write the address in whatever you can - as long as it is clear it will get there.

As to how long, well, that depends entirely on how slow you write! ;)

• baram

RE: the thank you to declare hi in Korean? hi :) the thank you to declare hi or the basics in korean? are additionally you able to write the thank you to declare it occasion) konnichiwa (koo ne che wa) thank you in stepped forward