A.R.
A.R. asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

When did they switch home jerseys?

When I was a kid, NHL teams wore white jerseys at home and dark jerseys on the road, much like the NBA. Now they wear dark jerseys at home and whites or light colors on the road, much like the NFL. When did this switch occur? Was it about the time nearly every team incorporated black into their uniforms? Why does everyone want to look like the Oakland Raiders?

Favorite Answer

The jerseys were changed at the start of the 2003-04 season (the Devils won the 2003 Cup on Home Ice wearing white, the Lightning won the 2004 Cup on Home Ice wearing black)

Devils 2003

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/5d/images.ar...

Lightning 2004

The change was made due to constant requests from the fans to have the coloured uniforms at home. Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek, Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch, and then Lightning owner, the late Bill Davidson presented a request to the NHL rules committee in February 2003 to "return to the historical norm of wearing the colours at home". The rules committee accepted the recommendation on March 6, 2003. The owners passed the recommendation by conference call on March 11, 2003 (by a vote of 30-0) and the NHLPA accepted without a vote.

Prior to the early 1950s, teams only wore 1 uniform (all teams wore coloured except Boston wore white). With the advent of television, and TV being black and white, it was very difficult to tell a red team from a blue team, or two red teams (Montreal/Detroit) or two blue teams (Toronto/New York) apart...so at the request of television, white uniforms made their way into the NHL.

In 1970, Charles Finlay (owner of the California Golden Seals) wanted the league to become like baseball and wear their white uniforms at home (he claimed at the time that fans were walking into his building and cheering for the white team because that was the norm (forgetting for a second that the NFL wore their colours at home)). The NHL saw no reason to vote against it, and 'whites at home' was born.

Based on NHL merchandise reports, coloured jerseys have always made up 65-75% of sales. In a 2007 report issued by the Sports Collectibles Association of America, Toronto is the only NHL team which over the years has sold more white jerseys than coloured, and Detroit and the Rangers are close to 50/50 with colours slightly ahead.

In a 2008 interview, Mike Ilitch claims that he received thousands of requests for the Wings to wear red at home, and in the 4 years since, he had received only a few requests to wear white.

It has been rumoured that the reason for the change was to accomodate the 3rd jersey, but both the NHL and NHLPA have denied this and pointed out the fact that teams wore their 3rd jersey both home and away as a rule (prior to the Rbk jerseys) and last summer the NHLPA agreed that teams would wear their new Rbk 3rd jerseys a set number of games each year with 50% being at home, and 50% being on the road.

As part of the league's agreement with Adidas-Salomon AG (owner of Rbk), the teams will wear their white jerseys at home at least once per season against divisional opponents allowing their fans to see their rival's colours

Source(s): NHLPA NHL/NHLPA/Adidas agreement

Nhl Home Jerseys

Yes, the home can be sold with the current electrical set up. But if you make improvements, you'll have to upgrade. Believe it or not, when I installed an outdoor spa, I had to add a smoke detectors to my bedrooms - didn't meet current code - had nothing to do with the spa. I also had to change the circuit breaker panel from two separate panels (one for the meter, one for the breakers) into an integrated panel (meter and breakers in a single box). When I enclosed my carport, I had to add a 20 amp outlet in the garage - already had a 15 amp outlet. If your service feed from the utility company can't provide 150a or 200a service, then switching to a 150a or 200a service would be fruitless. You may have to pay to get the service feed upgraded, too. I don't know if the lender will have anything to say about it because I don't think they get any housing inspection reports, just the appraisal report that says the house is worth or not worth the asking price. As for the cash-out financing, the whole amount will be considered a traditional mortgage.

• When I was a kid, there were no white jerseys (white jerseys didn't appear until the television age).

In 1970, the NHL switched to white jerseys at home

In 2003, they switch BACK to dark jerseys at home

In the NHL's 91 year history, colours have been worn at home for 58 years, whites were worn at home for 33. Coloured is the norm and the NHL's historical direction.

Black became popular in the 1980s when Vancouver, Pittsburgh, and LA adopted black uniforms based on a psychologists assessment that black was good.

For the record, the Boston Bruins had black uniforms LONG before the Oakland Raiders existed

I have worked with various manufacturers before and the listed here one particular is undoubtedly the most popular. They've plenty of unique jerseys contains uncommon types that you are unable to acquire from other shops. The quality and service is the ideal yourrrre able to find online with such cheap price. With this distributor, I do believe you won't let you or your customers down..

NBA or MLB children jersey. For just about any sports activities enthusiast, owning your selected players' jerseys .

The jerseys were swapped after the 2004-05 NHL lockout. It is a very recent change. However, some teams occasionally wear whites at home, if the away team is wearing a third jersey that may be dark. This happens only about a few times a year, however

Long ago, when sailing ships ruled the sea, a captain and his crew were in danger of being boarded by a pirate ship. As the crew became frantic, the captain bellowed to his

First Mate, “Bring me my red shirt!”

The First Mate quickly retrieved the captain’s red shirt, the captain put on and led the crew to battle the pirate ship. Although some casualties occurred among the crew, the

pirates were repelled.

http://www.jordanshoesshop.us

2015 cheap NFL jerseys sale 55% off http://topjerseys.ru/

nba jerseys from China