Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

When did Zeus convert from Greek to Roman?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Ach loon, they were all shape-shifters. Part of the god thing. One minute they're all Greek and philosophical, the next they're decadent Romans, in between they're mystical easterners.

Just go with the flow, babes. They did.

Source(s): The Roman approach to religion was heavily syncretic. They readily used attributes of one god with another, especially as they interacted with the various peoples they conquered. It was all very fluid, although there were certain groups of gods/characteristics that tended to go together. There's got to be a children's toy that fits the model, but I haven't thought of it yet, so we'll just have to talk in terms of paradigms or templates. :-)
  • 1 decade ago

Gods don't convert. Zeus and other Greek gods and myths were adopted by the Romans and given Roman names.

• 1 decade ago

When the Romans invaded Greece and stole their gods. Zeus became Jupiter.

Source(s): Atheistic Atheist of Australian Atheistic Attitudes and Atheism
  • 1 decade ago

ZEUS and Jupiter are the same god. The Romans and Greece had similar belief they just had different names for the gods and sometimes different stories.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clay
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Zeus wasn't Greek to start either. He came from Dyeus, a Proto-Indo-European god.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jupiter is just the name he uses when he goes slumming.

• 囧rz
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't know, but I practice White and Asian.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he got localised, at best. and renamed.

Source(s): Like bill gates' windows.
  • 1 decade ago

Wow, I seriously hope you're joking. If not, please email me and I'll try to enlighten you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.