Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

When did Zeus convert from Greek to Roman?

• Best Answer

Ach loon, they were all shape-shifters. Part of the god thing. One minute they're all Greek and philosophical, the next they're decadent Romans, in between they're mystical easterners.

Just go with the flow, babes. They did.

Source(s): The Roman approach to religion was heavily syncretic. They readily used attributes of one god with another, especially as they interacted with the various peoples they conquered. It was all very fluid, although there were certain groups of gods/characteristics that tended to go together. There's got to be a children's toy that fits the model, but I haven't thought of it yet, so we'll just have to talk in terms of paradigms or templates. :-)

Gods don't convert. Zeus and other Greek gods and myths were adopted by the Romans and given Roman names.

When the Romans invaded Greece and stole their gods. Zeus became Jupiter.

Source(s): Atheistic Atheist of Australian Atheistic Attitudes and Atheism

ZEUS and Jupiter are the same god. The Romans and Greece had similar belief they just had different names for the gods and sometimes different stories.

• Clay

Zeus wasn't Greek to start either. He came from Dyeus, a Proto-Indo-European god.

Jupiter is just the name he uses when he goes slumming.

• 囧rz

I don't know, but I practice White and Asian.

he got localised, at best. and renamed.

Source(s): Like bill gates' windows.

Wow, I seriously hope you're joking. If not, please email me and I'll try to enlighten you.