What happens when you die? In islam?

I was just wondering...what happens? I mean one second you're there, vital and breathing and then suddenly you're not so much breathing anymore. Where do you go? i heard somebody say that you're spirit roams around your house for a day, by taking permission from Allah Almighty. And that you get to see your family and loved ones and say one final goodbye. I also heard that there's some "waiting room" where you just wait for the end of time. And also, that some "bad" spirits do stay on earth till the end of time and haunt us. But then somebody else said that no, ALL spirits stay in the grave and only jinns do the haunting. And also the grave can be really uncomfertable for the disbelievers and quite bearable and even lit for the believers.

So what's your opinion on the what happens when you die? Do we get a day to say goodbye? Do we go straight to grave without any roaming on earth whatsoever? Do bad spirits manage to stay for good? What happens?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of your beliefs are just you heard from somewhere, who has no knowledge about Islam and its faith. Following is a small description of the belief of Muslims about AFTER DEATH

Muslims believe that the present life is a trial in preparation for the next realm of existence. When a Muslim dies, he or she is washed and wrapped in a clean, white cloth (usually by a family member) and buried after a special prayer, preferably the same day. Muslims consider this a final service that they can do for their relatives and an opportunity to remember that their own existence here on earth is brief.

Description of Life after death

The dead have a continued and conscious existence of a kind in the grave. Muslims believe that, upon dying, a person enters an intermediate phase of life between death and resurrection. Many events take place in this new “world”, such as the “trial” of the grave, where everyone will be questioned by angels about their religion, prophet, and Lord. The grave is a garden of paradise or a pit of hell; angels of mercy visit the souls of believers and angels of punishment come for the unbelievers.

Resurrection will be preceded by the end of the world. God will command a magnificent angel to blow the Horn. At its first blowing, all the inhabitants of the heavens and the earth will fall unconscious, except those spared by God. The earth will be flattened, the mountains turned into dust, the sky will crack, planets will be dispersed, and the graves overturned.

People will be resurrected into their original physical bodies from their graves, thereby entering the third and final phase of life. The Horn will blow again upon which people will rise up from their graves, resurrected!

God will gather all humans, believers and the impious, jinns, demons, even wild animals. It will be a universal gathering. The angels will drive all human beings naked, uncircumcised, and bare-footed to the Great Plain of Gathering. People will stand in wait for judgment and humanity will sweat in agony. The righteous will be sheltered under the shade of God’s Magnificent Throne.

When the condition becomes unbearable, people will request the prophets and the messengers to intercede with God on their behalf to save them from distress.

The balances will be set and the deeds of men will be weighed. Disclosure of the Records of the deeds performed in this life will follow. The one who will receive his record in his right hand will have an easy reckoning. He will happily return to his family. However, the person who will receive his record in his left hand would wish he were dead as he will be thrown into the Fire. He will be full of regrets and will wish that he were not handed his Record or he had not known it.

Then God will judge His creation. They will be reminded and informed of their good deeds and sins. The faithful will acknowledge their failings and be forgiven. The disbelievers will have no good deeds to declare because an unbeliever is rewarded for them in this life. Some scholars are of the opinion that the punishment of an unbeliever may be reduced in lieu of his good deeds, except the punishment of the great sin of disbelief.

The Siraat is a bridge that will be established over Hell extending to Paradise. Anyone who is steadfast on God’s religion in this life will find it easy to pass it.

Paradise and Hell will be the final dwelling places for the faithful and the damned after the Last Judgment. They are real and eternal. The bliss of the people of Paradise shall never end and the punishment of unbelievers condemned to Hell shall never cease. Unlike a pass-fail system in some other belief-systems, the Islamic view is more sophisticated and conveys a higher level of divine justice. This can be seen in two ways. First, some believers may suffer in Hell for unrepented, cardinal sins. Second, both Paradise and Hell have levels.

Paradise is the eternal garden of physical pleasures and spiritual delights. Suffering will be absent and bodily desires will be satisfied. All wishes will be met. Palaces, servants, riches, streams of wine, milk and honey, pleasant fragrances, soothing voices, pure partners for intimacy; a person will never get bored or have enough!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Find the Sens of Numbers http://renditl.info/NumerologySecrets
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What happens when you die? In islam?

I was just wondering...what happens? I mean one second you're there, vital and breathing and then suddenly you're not so much breathing anymore. Where do you go? i heard somebody say that you're spirit roams around your house for a day, by taking permission from Allah Almighty. And that...

Source(s): die islam: https://biturl.im/BE7re
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

No man can fully pay for his sins. GOD is sinless and a just JUDGE HE will not tolerate iniquity of any degree. That is why a perfect sacrifice was required, out of HIS love for you & I, to ensure you make it home. JESUS CHRIST shed HIS blood for your cleansing after which THE HOLY SPIRIT helps you live right and please GOD in faith and good works that will be rewarded on the day of Judgement. DO not try to reinvent the Wheel. HE has already done so for you. Accept JESUS, HE drank GOD's cup of wrath for the whole of mankind. Why contemplate drinking such horrors again? Accept the price paid for you n live right by the power of the Holy Spirit also help to save others from damnation. HELL is a terrible place created for the devil and his demons don't let him deceive you & take you there. To be confronted with the truth at the point of death would be disasterous please don't gamble with your eternity, seek to know the truth and pursue GOD with all your heart and might, surely HE is no respecter of persons. HE will reveal HIMSELF to you as HE has so many others. May the LORD our GOD help us all and bring us home safely. Amen

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

When Someone Dies In Islam

• 1 decade ago

The angle of death takes you to be judged by G-d. If you're a believer you are judged based on the amount of good v.s bad you've done in your life. If you have more bad deeds than good you're gonna be plopped into an eternal volocano. If you've done more good than bad you go into heaven. According to saad, heaven has trees with clothing... but other muslims say he is wrong. So I dunno.

The 72 virgin thing is pure crap.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Is the end Near? http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy/?XEyo
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hebrews 9:27

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Upon death your soul IMMEDIATELY returns to God to either be judged or enter in to Heaven.

• G. #2
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you want answers from Muslims, ask this question in the following section:

Society & Culture --> Holidays --> Ramadan

I am Muslim, but a lot happens, and I don't want to type so much, so just go and ask it in that section,.

http://worldupdates.tripod.com/newupdates10/id121....

• 1 decade ago

set aside the details about stages one pass thu after death , but think about what our common sense demands that righteous should be rewarded and crimnals should be punished and do self acount of where we going

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.