Can Man successfully rule himself or do you agree with this Bible quote?

Jeremiah 10:23: I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

Update:

Can human rulers provide true peace and security for all mankind or do we need a Supreme Being?

Update 2:

What about this quote:

Psalms 146:3- Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,

Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Tim
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Pro 3:5- lean not on your own understanding, trust with all your heart on Jehovah. So God is the best & only true Guide.Human rulers are class one misleading guides.

• 1 decade ago

I strongly agree with the Bible quote just look at the news and you can see that man can not direct their own steps and they are doing everything that's quoted in 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

Source(s): New World Translation
  • Mindy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

That's one of the main reasons of WHY God has allowed evil and human suffering for so long. People think that they can rule themselves successfully apart from God's laws and principals, so God has allowed them to do so.

People KNOW how God views sex before marriage, adultry, homosexuality, lying, paganism, fighting, killing, greed, drunkeness and many other things, but the people want to decide for themselves the proper course to take, they want to be the master of their own lives. They want to use God as some kind of genie in a bottle to help them when they get into trouble (for breaking God's laws in the first place).

Humans can't rule themselves apart from God's laws and principals, the world we live in today is proof positive of this. I can't wait for God to finally remove this world and bring in his new world of 2 Peter 3:13. In the new world, people will have free-will but they will use it to do what God says and knows is right.

This world we live in now... sucks.

• 1 decade ago

No they can't. Look at the world and the condition it is in now. Even after it was cleaned off in Noah's day, and they had a new start, look what happened within no time at all. With out Jehovah Gods laws, and His help there is no way we could even survive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Look at history and present day. War, poverty, racial strife, fat cats stealing from anyone they can and the poor shoved to the gutters. Man doesn't have the know how to rule with kindness, or love. We need the Kingdom of God as only it will solve man's ills and bring the change desperately needed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do you really need an answer ?

Just look at this happy safe world we live it today .

What more proof do you need that man can not rule man & make it a safe & happy world .

• 1 decade ago

Man has had enough time to show if he can rule himself, or not.

Not.

• 1 decade ago

AT BIRTH humans are completely helpless and, for years thereafter, remain dependent on others. But this does not work to their harm. If children are to become balanced adults, prepared to handle the responsibilities that must be shouldered by those who leave their parents to establish an independent existence, they need direction, care and discipline. Says the proverb: “The rod and reproof are what give wisdom; but a boy let on the loose will be causing his mother shame.” (Prov. 29:15) On the other hand, complete dependence on parents would be wholly undesirable and unnatural in the case of adult sons and daughters who are able to discharge their responsibilities properly in the marriage arrangement. Such dependence would also be out of harmony with what God stated at the time he instituted marriage: “A man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.” (Gen. 2:24) Obviously, then, the needs and circumstances of an individual determine whether he can rightly choose to be independent with reference to someone else

Whereas the propriety of independence in adulthood and complete dependence in infancy are readily apparent, many find it hard to accept that they should submit themselves to God. They desire to follow their own standards. But are their circumstances such that they can rightly follow a course of independence with reference to the Creator? The words of the prophet Jeremiah provide an answer to this question: “I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.”—Jer. 10:23.

By reason of his Creatorship, God, not creature man, has the absolute right to set the standard by which his intelligent creatures should direct their steps.

• mom
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

brother I agree with you a billion percent. this world is so messed up. every four years we get a new president and each time it gets worse. they all make promises and once then get into office, that promise goes out the door. only Jehovah God and his Son Jesus Christ can fix it and I can not wait.

• 1 decade ago

Man on Earth can rule himself successfully because of free will. I feel that God, you use Jehovah, meaning the same spirit of the Lord. picks or selects who will get to know him not us.. Which make me think that there is a higher level off atonement.that only a very few who are chosen can achieve. thank you for bringing that to my attention by your question..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.