Doesn't the book of Job show how cruel, violent, and sexist "God" can be?

This isn't an attack on Christians or anything, I think Christians can be great people just like anyone else, and I'm not trying to challenge your faith, but why doesn't any Christian female pay attention to the fact that in the Bible (and up until the 1980's) women were treated as property of their... show more This isn't an attack on Christians or anything, I think Christians can be great people just like anyone else, and I'm not trying to challenge your faith, but why doesn't any Christian female pay attention to the fact that in the Bible (and up until the 1980's) women were treated as property of their husbands??

Like in the book of Job, "God" killed Job's wife, kids, animals, and whatnot as punishment. And then when Job's trial was done "God" gave Job a new wife and kids to make up for the fact he took his other wife and kids away.
How do you justify the fact innocent people were harmed in an attempt to teach Satan that a person wouldn't loose faith in "God" no matter what?

In the time the Bible was written women were literally seen as property of our husbands, but now that we live in a more advanced society where women and men are socially seen to have equal class why doesn't anyone notice this?