? asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Why have I had potent gas for over a year?

My friends and family cannot stand to be around me when I fart. The fart is usually silent but the smell is so strong and quite deadly. I went to the doctors and had my feces tested and everything came back normal. She asked me to go on a non dairy diet and I still had gas. Some of my friends say it is because I eat vegetables and fiber often but I think this is perfectly normal. Does anyone else have bad gas, mostly in the evening? I forgot to mention that I have diarrhea and loose stools almost every morning. I have no idea what is going on and why my body is acting this way! Please help!

Favorite Answer

Treatment of dyspepsia & flatulence depends on whether it may be associated with an underlying digestion problem such as a gastric ulcer, peptic ulcer disease, or gallbladder disease. Most often, the medications prescribed can relieve symptoms.

Medications include antacids, acid-blocking medication such as H2-receptor blocks and antibiotics if you have an H.pylori infection. If your symptoms are mild or not related to a specific disorder, your doctor may recommend changes to your diet – eating small amounts of soft foods or liquids, avoiding greasy and spicy foods and eliminating all dairy products if you are lactose intolerant.

Natural Remedies

Natural herbs have been used for thousands of years to treat and prevent digestive irritation and discomfort. A combination of herbal ingredients are a therapeutic measure to cure indigestion and support liver and gallbladder functioning. Not only are they safe and gentle to use on the body, but also a far more suitable substitute to antacids.

Zingiber officinale (Ginger) is a wonderful herb, traditionally used in Chinese and Ayurvedic (Indian) medicine and is highly effective in relieving the symptoms of nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence and dizziness.

Two well known herbs known as Foeniculum vulgare (fennel) and Mentha piperita (mint) have anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic that calms and soothes the digestive system. In addition, Pelargonium graveolens (stomach pain bush) is also an effective calmative and anti-spasmodic herb, reducing stomach cramps and pain.

You may get details on these remedies over here http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/remedies/g/...

• ?

It sounds to me like you have an imbalance of bacteria in your colon. There are two types of bacteria -- good and bad. The good keeps your colon healthy and in check, fights against diseases, and contributes to the formation of normal poo. Your appendix should also be releasing helpful bacteria to help you recover from diarrhea. The bad bacteria is what makes poo and your farts so wretched.

I would suggest going to your local health food store and purchasing some Acidophilus or other probiotic. Someone who works at the health food store may choose a stronger probiotic for you. Acidophilus and other probiotics are the good bacteria that live throughout your body and taking these supplements may help your colon problem. Just make sure to refrigerate the probiotic supplements, otherwise the bacteria will die and will not do the job.

I would also suggest taking charcoal pills to take care of the gas. You can find them at the health food store or in the grocery in the vitamin section. Charcoal will absorb the nasty gas and if you do fart, it won't smell bad, or at least not nearly as bad.

Hope this helps!

The water cycle can handle any of this water vapor. That's not the problem with hydrogen fuel cells. The problems include building the right tanks for the pressurized hydrogen, having an infrastructure so that consumers can actually get hydrogen fuel, and producing fuel cell vehicles that are cheap enough to be consumer-friendly.

There are many possible causes. The only thing you can do is go back to the doctor and say that the low-lactose diet didn't work. And as another respondent has already remarked, you are an exceptionally beautiful girl.

Fart more often that will make the gas less potent

Source(s): dale told me

Try a diet of only Indian Cuisine.

Source(s): TasteofIndia.com

i could deal with it for that face grrrrrrrl.

lol