DAR
DAR asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What do you think of Charlie Cook's [from Cooks Report] statement that every GOP incumbant may win next year?

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/6981

I dont even WANT every GOP incumbent to win next year, although my preference is that they be dumped in primaries. Still, this is pretty interesting stuff:

" Charlie Cook and his Cook Report are pretty straight-forward on the congressional races. On MSNBC recently (the transcript just became available) Cook told Chris Matthews a few things that Matthews might not have wanted to hear.

MATTHEWS: Can a Republican lose this year coming up? Can a Republican incumbent lose any race anywhere next year?

COOK: I would not be surprised to see no Republican incumbent, House or Senate, lose.

I will grant you that House incumbents enjoy 98% re-election rates, but the Senate has been known to lose majority leaders. This year may be no exception. Cook listed Christopher Dodd as the most vulnerable senator, followed by Harry Reid.

MATTHEWS: Be coaches for a minute. How do you coach a Democrat to win with a bad weather condition out there, where people don‘t like Obama right now?

COOK: Independence. Stress your independence. I look at each issue one at a time. I‘d do what‘s right for the state. I‘m independent. Yes, I vote with my party when I think they‘re right. I‘m against them when they‘re wrong. Be able to list—

MATTHEWS: How does Dodd make up for the fact that people, even Connecticut people, are ripped at Wall Street?

COOK: That‘s not his problem.

MATTHEWS: That‘s not his problem?

COOK: His problem is being a Democrat. His problem is being Chris Dodd.

Ouch. "

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

i am not craze about rep . but this administration will kill this country

meanwhile, the left would not difficulty attacking it is own activists, because of the fact the whole left is cheering them on, no matter how tasteless. enable somebody on the perfect suited make a action picture or write a e book with regard to the assasination of Obama, like those approximately Bush some years in the past that no-one minded, and in basic terms see the double oftentimes occurring at artwork. The GOP has to place down it is own kooks because of the fact, frequently, they have a oftentimes occurring of decency. unlike another section.

meanwhile, the left does not worry attacking that is very own activists, because of the fact the completed left is cheering them on, no remember how tasteless. permit somebody on the magnificent make a action picture or write a e book relating to the assasination of Obama, like those approximately Bush some years in the past that no person minded, and merely see the double universal at artwork. The GOP has to place down that is very own kooks because of the fact, commonly, they have a typical of decency. in comparison to the different ingredient.

• R J

Ouch is right. i saw the top ten biggest political crooks by Tom Filton and was surprised to see Chris in the number ten spot, but yea that is a big time "ouch"

Have a great new Year and all that jazz!

• bwlobo

Oh, may the eyes of the world be opened to the truth of these times. Maybe this cartoon from 1948 should be hacked into Obama's ABC news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vAYLLS2cQ

Youtube thumbnail

Obama uses kids in order to spread his ego around... so let him get hacked to spread "FREEDOM"!

Source(s): bwlobo

The current congress, dem and repub, is extremely unpopular. I see a lot of incumbents of both parties losing.

Talking is easy.