Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

Mouse Double Clicking on Single Click?

This started happening out of nowhere. I click on a folder for a second and all of a sudden it opened the folder. and then I would hold down the left mouse button and it would open the folder without double-clicking but just by holding the button down. I can't move folders into other folders not because of this. I tried searching on the internet but can't find a clear answer. I also tried to go into control panel and slowing the mouse double click speed down but it didn't work. please help.

it also only does this every other click I tried the advice from the answers below but nothing has worked. could it be a virus or something wrong with the mouse?

there is a setting in the mouse options to give you 1 click execute. Basically if you quickly click something, like a folder, it will open it while holding will allow you to drag, check your mouse settings in your control panel or if you use the company's software look for an option there.

control panel > performance and maintenance > see also / file types

not familiar with Vista / W7 this is for XP