Do boys like shy girls?

I'm 16 years old and have never had a boyfriend, I never tell anyone because i find it embarrasing; when most of my friends have had a prodigious amount, so large that the moment they 'break-up' with the 'love of their lives', they are suddenly in a new 'relationship'. I don't particularly want to have a boyfriend, and never go looking for them and I wouldnt even write this, but for the past two years i've loved this one boy, who might or might not have liked me. Because I'm so shy, I never showed that i liked him, it's not something i can control, I just can't bring myself to smile to him or anything; we've moved house recently and I always wonder what could have happened if i had more confidence... So what I'm wondering is, do boys like shy girls, or more reserved girls that don't always wear a very small amount of clothing? All my friends show their bodies to everyone, say yes to everything and are quite desperate, yes they have boyfriends, but they also get dumped. What type of girls do boys like? If they really liked a girl, would they approach her regardless of her timidity or lack of response to him (via eye contact or whatever). Also, to those who are also shy, does it pass when you become older? Cheerio x

Favorite Answer

there's a big difference between putting yourself out there in a slutty way, and putting yourself out there in a friendly way. some guys might like the shy thing because its innocent and sweet. but most guys wont approach you if you show an extreme lack of interest in them. imagine if he never looked at you, would you even talk to him? he could be shy about asking a girl out to, no guy wants to be shut down. and though you may be shy, you have to show some confidence, if you read any magazine, guys are always talking about how sexy it is. you don't have to wear little skirts and low cut shirts to be sexy, and get the attention you want from a guy. you don't have to be loud, or talk to him even to get some attention from a guy. if hes telling a group of people your with a joke, giggle, or relate it to something that may have happened to you. and if you don't hang out with the people a guy hangs out with, just make it a point to at least look at him and show some teeth with a small smile.

Guys like shy girls BUT don't let the first guy that pays attention to you have there way with you. And don't compromise who you are to get a guy either. Those girls that show more skin with have more BF because there selling there bodies to get one. When you have respect for yourself and do not. And in the long run this will payoff as you will find a guy that will like this and respect you for who you are not just for your body. So stay who you are and you'll be fine and DON'T worry everything will work fine.

My girlfriend is what you would call a shy girl. Shy girls are typically sweeter, easier to hold onto (i.e. they won't run out of their way to cheat).

And don't worry that you haven't had a boyfriend yet. I didn't have my current girlfriend until I was 18! You have plenty of time, and you'll find a great guy eventually. I'm a shy guy as well.

Source(s): Me!
  • ?

if they like you then they like you it has nothing to do with shyness its personality. but you need to give something a kind of hint to sort of put yourself out there. your friends may show a lot of skin but they are most probably being used by their boyfriends. that's probably why they have had so many. if your different and shy it shows you respect your self but as i said give hints smile at the guy make an effort to have conversations with him and don't forget to BE YOURSELF. good luck hope it all goes the way you want it too.

This has kinda happened to me too.

I think they find it intimidating if you don't make eye contact, as they think you're being distant/disinterested.

I just made myself look and kinda smile subtly. It's better than nothing and quite often, guys seem to find it intriguing. As odd as that sounds.

My confidence has grown with age, only once I've turned 17 have I been myself.

Don't worry, and good luck (=

Every guy is different. Some guys like the cute, sweet, shy girls and well, some like the loud overly-cocky annoying ones.

Shy girls are cute, sweet and loving, would rather have a shy girl any day. And yes with experience the shyness will lessen.

This here is just as close to a song as it gets.

" I Was Just Too Shy To Smile "

..... but after a while, that boy found my smile.

Shy girls are easy to get, so yes I do like shy girls.

shy girls ARE cute! it's nice to know that there are actually some decent girls, and not everyone has resorted to being a 'slag' for attention! -be yourself :) that's all you can be!