When do side mounted auxiliary contacts change their state?

I mean does a NO auxiliary contact added to a motor starter (specifically GVAN11) closes wheN motor starter is energized normally? or closes when starter trips upon fault?
Update: About Mr Bony's answer, i know that normally means at no power, but what made me confused is that i found two types of auxiliary contacts:"instantaneous" & "fault signalling". My auxiliaries GVNA11 is of the instantaneous type. I think there might be difference.
Update 2: Mr Wingman: I am connecting motor starter in series with a contactor to operte my motor. I will leave the starter energized all the time & will control my motor on/off by controlling the contactor. I need two auxiliary contacts with the starter one of them to light up a pilot larm lamp and the other to open and... show more Mr Wingman: I am connecting motor starter in series with a contactor to operte my motor. I will leave the starter energized all the time & will control my motor on/off by controlling the contactor. I need two auxiliary contacts with the starter one of them to light up a pilot larm lamp and the other to open and disconnet the motor from the power when a fault (OL or SC ) happens. Tht's why i need to make sure about my auxiliry contacts states, wht will be their states when the starter is energized normally and when it trips upon fault.
**My starter turn on/off manually, yes, but also it de-energizes automatically upon fault.