Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

can dogs laugh?????????

i been tellin my dogs some jokes but he just stares at me with his tongue out. so can they laugh? and if they can what does it sound like?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, and she won't laugh at your jokes since language to a dog is just noise. She can learn to recognise command words and will respond to the tone of your voice and read your body language behaving accordingly. But, if relaxed and happy, a dog will smile by drawing it's lips really wide (without opening it's mouth). On the other hand, you can really upset a dog by obviously laughing at it. Warning, if you are ever in a situation where your face is close to a dog, especially one you do not know well - keep your mouth shut, smile if you like but don't show your teeth.

Source(s): Bruce Fogle - author of books on dog psychology.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LOL. Great question. A dog's not going to laugh at something you tell him, because he doesn't know English...however, pretty smart dogs seem to find things funny sometimes. I've taught my dog to howl, which drives my mother crazy. Now our dog only does it when both of us are around, so I can laugh and my mother yells. Then the dog runs away and looks very pleased with herself. I get the feeling if she could laugh, she would be at that time. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My dog is always smiling at me but never laughs.

• 1 decade ago

My dog once laughed at me and i was shocked then i realize it was my brother.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No but they smile.

Instead of giving your dog a belly rub, give him a belly tickle. Tickle is belly and you'll see him smile.

Source(s): Always works with my dog :)
  • 1 decade ago

i don't know of any dogs that can laugh but i do believe they can smile

• 1 decade ago

lol, you must be dreaming. I hope you are not on something!

• 1 decade ago

good question, no.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, they can't.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Easy TWO points, thanks!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.