Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Why should Oppressed People be Peaceful with the US?

Very, Very short list of US military interventions:

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/intervent...

The list was compiled by Doctorate Students at UC Berkeley, Harvard, and Evergreen as a side project. But, like i said, it's a very short list.

Some of my favorite examples of blatant US terrorism and hegemony from the list:

- 1963 Iraq: CIA organizes coup that kills president, brings Ba'ath Party to power, and Saddam Hussein back from exile to be head of the secret service.

- Iran 1953: CIA overthrows the democratic regime and installs the Brutal, Repressive Shah

- Chile 1973 CIA overthrows democratically elected government and installs the most Ruthless military dictator in South American history, Pinochet

- And of course, my absolute favorite, G.W. Bush invades Iraq to "save Iraqi's" (i.e. secure Economic, Geopolitical, and Strategic Interests). The war has minimally led to more than 100,000 Poor Iraqi's dying (according to the NEJM: http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/360/16/15... and maximally more than One Million, according to the most respected medical journal in Britain, The Lancet (just do a google search).

Why do we expect people to be Peaceful with us when we're so nefarious and Rape their homelands to extend our hegemony? Why should they be Peaceful with us when we're Never Peaceful with them, when we're such As s holes?

Don't they have a right to be Furious and Incensed? Shouldn't they exact some Revenge for American colonialism (and earlier, Brutal European Colonialism)?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't believe those regimes were elected by the people before the US went in to help, and if and when the Iranian people overthrow that tyrannical regime they have right now that is killing people and locking them away, or some just disappearing.I seriously doubt that the students at Berkley give any credit to the US for trying to help the Iranian people.I'm sure that the Kurd's in Iraq that were gassed by Saddam and many others are very thankful for the help to get rid of their dictator and the sons who did their share of killing people.Time is the best test if people are better off and history will be the judge.

• 5 years ago

The 100k unfavourable Iraqi's? We did no longer kill maximum of them. the place are your numbers for the Iraqi's that have been killed with the help of their very own government for the previous thirty years? what share females human beings have been raped with the help of their very own infantrymen? How with regard to the U. S. in simple terms stay out of each physique's company? whilst there's a tsunami, we will not deliver any help. we are going to stop sending nutrients and medical components to Africa. we are going to pull all of our infantrymen and missles out of Europe. You bleeding heart human beings % us to help anyone in the international, yet after we do it with the help of rigidity to do away with a terrible dictator, unexpectedly we are evil. Get off of your severe horse...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

why not just join (al qaeda) where all they know is beating woman & death ? lord help us,amen

Source(s): fanatics
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.