Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Is the US the greatest contemporary terrorist?

Very, Very short list of US military interventions:

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/intervent...

The list was compiled by Doctorate Students at UC Berkeley, Harvard, and Evergreen as a side project. But, like i said, it's a very short list.

Some of my favorite examples of blatant US terrorism and hegemony from the list:

- 1963 Iraq: CIA organizes coup that kills president, brings Ba'ath Party to power, and Saddam Hussein back from exile to be head of the secret service.

- Iran 1953: CIA overthrows the democratic regime and installs the Brutal, Repressive Shah

- Chile 1973 CIA overthrows democratically elected government and installs the most Ruthless military dictator in South American history, Pinochet

- And of course, my absolute favorite, G.W. Bush invades Iraq to "save Iraqi's" (i.e. secure Economic, Geopolitical, and Strategic Interests). The war has minimally led to more than 100,000 Poor Iraqi's dying (according to the NEJM: http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/360/16/15... and maximally more than One Million, according to the most respected medical journal in Britain, The Lancet (just do a google search).

So, is the US the greatest terrorist country in the world today? Or is it Israel, with it's cruel, nefarious Occupation of Palestine? Which Colonizer is the worst today?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

My answer to he berkeley @s / / If they do not appreciate the Freedoms they have Because of our government and Veteran have stood where they are afraid to stand then THEY are free once again to leave the US and Never come back

> Our European arrogance in alphabetical order

>

>

> 1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne , France . A total of 2289 of our

> military dead.

>

> 2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes , Belgium . A total of 5329 of our

> dead.

>

> 3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France . A total of 4410 of our

> military dead. Excuse us.

>

> 4. Brookwood , England American Cemetery. A total of 468 of our dead.

>

> 5. Cambridge , England .. 3812 of our military dead.

>

> 6. Epinal , France American Cemetery. A total of 5525 of our Military dead.

>

> 7. Flanders Field , Belgium . A total of 368 of our military.

>

> 8. Florence , Italy . A total of 4402 of our military dead.

>

> 9. Henri-Chapelle , Belgium . A total of 7992 of our military dead.

>

> 10. Lorraine , France . A total of 10,489 of our military dead...

>

> 11. Luxembourg , Luxembourg . A total of 5076 of our military dead.

>

> 12. Meuse-Argonne. A total of 14246 of our military dead.

>

> 13. Netherlands , Netherlands . A total of 8301 of our military dead.

>

> 14. Normandy , France . A total of 9387 of our military dead.

>

> 15. Oise-Aisne , France . A total of 6012 of our military dead..

>

> 16. Rhone , France . A total of 861 of our military dead.

>

> 17. Sicily , Italy . A total of 7861 of our military dead.

>

> 18. Somme , France . A total of 1844 of our military dead.

>

> 19. St. Mihiel , France . A total of 4153 of our military dead..

>

> 20. Suresnes , France . a total of 1541 of our military dead.

>

> Remind those of our sacrifice and don't confuse arrogance with leadership.

> If I added correctly the count is 104,366 dead.

> And we have to watch an American elected leader who apologizes to Europe and

> the Middle East that our country is "arrogant"!

> HOW MANY FRENCH, DUTCH, ITALIANS, BELGIANS AND BRITS ARE BURIED ON OUR SOIL,

> DEFENDING US AGAINST OUR ENEMIES?

> WE DON'T ASK FOR PRAISE ... BUT WE HAVE ABSOULUTELY NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE!!

>

• 1 decade ago

problem with many former hippies disguised as college profs nowadays is they lack understanding of foreign policy and of economics.

1963 - saddam seemed like a good guy, best option, to bring stability. is it our fault that he went nuts later?

1953 - actually, this needs a lot more attention. Shah seemed like the BEST thing since sliced bread. Turned out he was pretty repressive, but still not as bad as what came after him.

1973 - we intervened in South and Central America in countries like Nicaragua, Panama, Honduras, Guatemala, because there was a strong movement toward Communism. In fact, the visionaries, like Che, envisioned a Communist super-state. I understand that corruption, greed and exploitation severely affected the people living in poverty there, but that is not America's fault. Still, we could not have a communist super-power in our backyard. The Commies trick the poor into helping them with promises of what they never deliver, freedom.

in IRAQ we have ROE and EOF - rules of engagement and escalation of force. if we see an iraqi approach us with a weapon intent on killing us, we first tell him to stop ("Kiv!") then we show him our weapon, then we fire a round into the air, then we try to disable his vehicle, or injure him.

i have seen iraqis blame us for deaths caused by syrians and iranian insurgents.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

All you will will get from conservative /Republicans here are insults . They can not seem to understand that the truth is cleansing and will actually bring us integrity which will make us stronger and more enlightened . As the Bible says " The Truth Will set You ( meaning the US now ) free".

• 1 decade ago

It's Western Europe, why don't you move there and join your friends.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sorry, but NO.

Not even close.

America is the greatest hope for mankind, and the rule of law.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its called state terrorism, and the u.s. is definitely guilty of it. it has been for some time. and the people who defend american's actions abroad never see the damage that we do, they never care. but, to the other response, you should understand that it is not unpatriotic to want your country to be at peace. sadly the people who want war have been brainwashed beyond all hope and will never listen to reason.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YOU REALLY GOT ME THINKING. THE WARS IN AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ HAVE DEFINITELY MADE MORE PEOPLE INCREDIBLY ANGRY WITH THE US, ESPECIALLY SECULAR CITIZENS IN ASIA AND THE MIDDLE EAST.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would say china

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.